Business Unit Controller
As a leading UK Field Marketing agency we are passionate about delivering retail execution excellence for our clients in the top four multiple supermarkets, convenience stores and cash & carry warehouses across UK and Ireland.
Our overall focus is to improve sales, accessibility and visibility for our clients’ products on the shop floor, across all sectors from food & drink, clothing and pharmacies to DIY.
We are committed to consistently delivering a measurable return on investment as well as educating key decision makers in store for a number of brands including; Innocent, A2 Milk & Duracell.
Using a mix of technology, data and analytics, and old-fashioned shop floor relationships, our retail experts are tasked daily with coming up with new ways of selling more products and creating long-term growth for all of our clients.
We believe our key difference lies in our fully employed field teams, who are able to build and maintain relationships with brands and in-store teams where temporary staff could not.
Location Field Based but office based (in Ewloe, Flintshire) min of 1 full day per week as required.
Reporting to a Business Unit Director, this is a high profile client role within the business and will entail all aspects of Client Services and field management.
To deliver the business plan revenue, profit and efficiency targets from either a number of current clients we have or channels within the business. There will also be an element of the role to lead, motivate and develop a team of field sales reps, and their managers, setting high standards, within a results based culture and have an understanding of how to use data to drive performance.
The person will need to develop all direct reports to deliver all objectives required of them and help deliver succession planning within the business.
To lead by example in delivering all aspects of the role to a high standard with integrity and passion and a sense of urgency.
There is also an aspect to the role of developing capabilities and understanding of the convenience market place within Tactical Solutions and proactively selling our services in this arena so owning the Convenience Channel.
Reporting & Key Interfaces
Key interfaces with client contacts, Field Managers and internal Managers at all levels.
Direct reports include Regional Sales Managers and/or others as required.
- Deliver the forecasted revenue and profit for the Business Units associated with the role
- Manage and lead a team of people to develop their skill set in order to deliver our top line revenue and profit plan.
- Set and measure core standards within the team to ensure all being met and sustained ongoing.
- Manage direct reports to ensure they deliver their objectives day to day.
- Develop direct reports to ensure they meet their potential and are able to meet future business requirements.
- Profit & Cost – manage the profitability of the business unit and the associated costs to enable overall plan to be met.
- Provide leadership within the business unit to ensure the customer (whether internal or external) is at the heart of all of our activities.
- Maintain and extend relationships with customers and key decision makers/influencers, ensuring effective contacts are maintained at several hierarchical levels
- Develop strong working relationships with the field teams and other areas within the business.
- Champion the “people agenda “within the business to help identify rising stars and mentor and support key personnel in their growth and development plans.
- Champion standards across the team and the business to ensure we are customer focussed in all that we do and provide exceptional service at all times.
Experience of the cash and carry and convenience sector is vital and a proven track record in man management is required.
Knowledge & understanding of field based teams is essential.
Proven track record of dealing directly with Booker, Spar, Nisa, Bestway.
In return we offer –
Competitive Salary, Company Car, Fuel Card, Phone, Incentive Scheme, Discounted CINEWORLD Tickets, Pension, Life Assurance, 30 days holiday & Healthshield Care Plan.
Apply for Business Unit Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly