Hayman's Gin On Trade Business Development Executive - London
The Hayman family is the longest serving gin distilling family in England. The family has been making the finest handcrafted gins since 1863. Today, Hayman Distillers is run by 5th generation James and Miranda Hayman, supported by their father Christopher
Despite this heritage, Hayman's is today as entrepreneurial as its smaller craft gin competitors on the market, and as such made the decision and the family's long-held ambition to move distillation back to the English capital from its current location in Essex.
Located moments from Balham High Road, South London, the new distillery will provide room for a training area and consumer events space, which will be used to bring the Hayman family's long association with English Gin to life.
As part of this exciting move, Hayman's have made the decision to set up a brand new UK sales team and are looking for a London based Sales Account Manager to join this team. This is such a unique opportunity for anyone joining the team at this time to be part of the growth and development of the business.
Key areas of responsibility:
Sell Hayman's London Dry Gin and full range to key on trade customers via the London and regional wholesaler network
- Increase Hayman's London Dry Gin presence in bars and pubs in the homeland of the distillery in South West London
- Build and maintain key relationships with business owners, bar and shop managers and bar tenders through brand trainings, tastings and further brand support as directed by the brand team
Establish key relationships with regional wholesaler representatives to generate listings and gain insights on new opening
Increase the visibility of Hayman's London Dry Gin in accounts ensuring back-bar placements, drinks menu line-listings and cocktail creations as well as POS material placement in line with the brand guidelines
- Arrange promotional and brand visibility activity to drive rate of sale of Hayman's London Dry Gin in line with the annual brand pla
- Manage the trade promotion and accruals by managing and tracking all customer spend including speed-rail listings, retrospective agreement investment and cocktail listings
- Develop and capture content for inclusion on our social media channels and website - specifically cocktail content, events updates, images of successful staff trainings and consumer tastings to contribute to the brand's pulse and showcase its use in top accounts
- To generate distillery visits for key on and off trade customers, informing the process of Hayman's Gin-making and increasing overall brand advocacy
- Previous experience in sales for a drink brand
- Ability to work extensively across London and to work weekends and evenings as required. A small portion of your time to be spent at our distillery in Balham, SW London
- Self-starter with ability to manage his / her own time, set up his / her own calendar and manage an A&P budget effectively (reporting to Head of Sales as required). Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to work autonomously as required
- Deep knowledge of every aspect of the Gin category and key Gin serves is essential.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk .
Please note: all direct applicants from candidates and agencies to Hayman's will be redirected to New Chapter