Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Our Clients mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Our Client is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million pods per month.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) manages a territory of vape retail customers in a defined geographic area
- The BDM is a pivotal role within the UK sales team with responsibilities for developing and growing Our Clients new product listings, distribution, rate of sale and retailer share of mind/voice through seamless execution of territory plans at store level
- Performance in this role will be measured primarily by achievement of product listings, volume and sales growth, implementation and execution of training, trade programmes and in-store visual merchandising
- This role is ideal for someone currently working in Field Sales in the tobacco, drinks or related FMCG categories
- This role reports to the UK Head of Vape Channel
- Developing new business opportunities through regular store visits, product promotions, incentives including trade programmes and in-store events
- Sell in/implementation of joint business plans, product listings, new customer acquisition and implementation of trade programmes and training schemes
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key decision makers.
- Conducting staff training for vape customers and supporting Head of Vape Channel with staff training for major chain customer’s and distributor sales teams.
- Keeping informed of and contributing to the development of the UK Vape Channel strategies.
- Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date market, commercial and customer records in Salesforce.
- Reporting on competitor information, new product developments, promotions and brand activities.
- To negotiate placement of POSM and fixtures. Ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Negotiate, agree and manage trade programmes and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to agreed plan.
- To deliver agreed sales targets for assigned geography.
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG retail environment
- Experience and ability to manage a large group of stores across a geographic area
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter - ability to positively influence different stores and staff
● Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- A full UK driving license is required for this role
- At least 3 year experience working in a field sales or business development role in the FMCG sector or experience working in the vape channel a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required
We are recruiting 4 roles, territories below
- Scotland, ideal location either Glasgow or Edinburgh or surrounding
- West Midlands
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career by leading our international eCommerce initiatives. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy
- Commuter benefits
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly