Partner Manager - Wholesale
Partner Manager - Wholesale
Salary band: £35k - £45k (depending on experience)
Reporting to: Senior Wholesale Partner Manager
Location: Field Based
Maverick Drinks is the leading distributor of craft spirits in the UK, representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
We are growing hundreds of percent year-on-year, and that growth is still accelerating.
You will be responsible for driving distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across a wholesaler account base; act as a consultant to the trade, bringing customers on the craft spirits journey. You will leverage senior relationships to deliver the craft spirits category proposition, and execute trade and promotional marketing campaigns brilliantly.
Essentials of the job
- Aid further development and execution of the wholesale strategy for the existing customer base in line with the Maverick Drinks strategic objectives and develop joint business plans in order to deliver against the budgeted growth targets for your channel.
- Manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment.
- Use your expertise in the craft spirits category and consumer to share category trends and insights to facilitate decision making and product ranging, leading to a greater presence for our brands.
- Drive distribution, visibility and rate of sale of the Maverick Drinks portfolio range.
- Utilise the wider internal team, including our world class brand ambassadors, to deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value for our partners.
- Work closely with the all the On-Trade Partner Managers, to ensure product availability and accessibility for our portfolio, creating a fluid route to market.
- Attend channel trade shows and industry-specific events to broaden your network and influence across the potential customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business.
- Drive integration opportunities between our On-Trade Partner Managers and your existing Wholesaler’s teams.
- You will be highly capable at managing the full commercial picture, with strong numeracy skills, you will have working knowledge of marketing investment effectiveness and the importance of return on investment.
- You will have the knowledge and experience of managing, planning and marketing with large on-trade focused wholesale customers, preferably including experience of developing JBPs with customers.
- You’ll have experience of delivering exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category.
- You’ll have a strong, demonstrable skill set in developing new business - this is integral to the role as the customer base expands.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- You’ll be confident in talking about category, trends and brands; ideally you’ll have a strong working knowledge of the spirits category in the UK. You’ll also have a good understanding of customer marketing.
- You’ll have a passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen.
- You will possess a strong sense of purpose alongside the ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo within channel.
- Ability to deliver mutual value at every level of the customer hierarchy, specifically with senior stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen and numeracy skills with the ability to identify value growth in all areas of the customer.
- P&L management skills, ideally along with skills in financial analysis and category development.
- You’ll be presentable, articulate and polite, and you’ll have excellent attention to detail.
- You will have good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations.
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification - Higher Level - would be desirable.
- The role is field-based and will require nationwide travel, so you’ll need a full UK driving licence.
Why work for us?
We want to make sure that you love working for us as much as we love having you be part of our team. Below are just some of the reasons why you should join us….
- workplace pension
- cycle2work scheme,
- a relaxed working environment,
- flexible working,
- working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh, and you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Wholesale Partner Manager then please apply now!