National Account Manager
- Want to work for a market-leading, procurement specialist organisation?
- Are you a successful New Business Development Manager or Account Manager?
About Our Client
Pelican is a market-leading procurement specialist based near Godalming and Guildford (Surrey) who provide purchasing and supply chain services to private and public sector organisations across the UK. Clients span across a variety of different sectors - Hotels, Hospitality, Leisure, Healthcare, Public Sector, Education to name a few - with purchasing spend ranging from £300k to £20m. Whether clients want to outsource their entire procurement or just some elements of the procurement process, Pelican has a variety of services that will reduce costs and provide full visibility and greater control over purchasing, budgets, stock values and supplier invoices.
Pelican is not only a high performing organisation, they are an exceptional place to work. They take pride in their emphasis on the well-being, inclusiveness, development and engagement of all their employees, and actively empower people at all levels to improve their business. In turn it is not unusual for the employees at Pelican to be empowered to participate, and even take the lead, on certain employee initiatives including Investors in People and Well-being events.
The successful National Account Manager will be responsible for effective client relationship management and ensuring the efficient delivery of customers' purchasing and supply chain service for accounts with an annual purchasing spend of £150k+.
Further responsibilities include:-
- Working effectively with internal stakeholders in the sales planning process by contributing expertise and advice and, where appropriate, making recommendations concerning the most appropriate solutions for identified prospects.
- Upon successful completion of the sales plan, take responsibility for implementing the plan within agreed timescales.
- Identifying and win product category gaps with existing clients to grow incremental purchasing opportunities, and identify suitable opportunities for Pelican's range of business solutions to be adopted by clients.
- Managing client review meetings and supplier reviews on behalf of the client.
- Taking responsibility for the speedy and effective resolution of all supply chain issues on behalf of clients.
- At all times delivering professional purchasing expertise and guidance ensuring that all decision making is based on solid purchasing knowledge and commercial understanding.
As a New Business Manager you will be responsible for the implementation of the company's business development strategy through identifying new business opportunities, working with internal teams to secure these opportunities and contribute to their long-term, profitable association with the Company.
Further responsibilities include:
- Target and secure new prospects (with an annual spend of £300k+) by identifying suitable opportunities and key decision makers, establishing their needs and aligning these with Pelican's offering.
- Establish the most suitable internal team to develop a winning proposition for the client, and coordinate and contribute to the development of the ongoing sales plan, ensuring deadlines are met and the process is well managed.
- Through the implementation phase and ongoing, maintain suitable contact with the client to be able to effectively assess the quality of service delivery; where issues are identified ensure that these are referred to the Procurement Manager for resolution.
- Having established an effective working relationship with the client, ensure that it continues to develop especially in the early months of the trading relationship. Remain curious about their business and increase your knowledge and understanding of their opportunities and challenges.
- Use your commercial expertise to develop strategies to maximise cross-sell and up-sell business opportunities and drive the outlet's profitability once the implementation phase is complete and the client is fully satisfied with all aspects of service delivery.
The Successful Applicant
The successful National Account Manager/New Business Manager will:-
- Have proven account management/new business experience from the food or drink service industry.
- Have a successful sales track record in identifying new business opportunities.
- Be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, ambitious, driven individual!
- Have a clear appreciation for customer satisfaction and meeting retention and growth targets.
- Be able to build, manage, develop and leverage multiple relationships whilst working with various stakeholders at different levels.
- Be able to demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of supply chain (desirable)
- Have demonstrable commercial and analytical acumen, capable of identifying new business from new clients and existing accounts.
- Be able to travel across the UK with ad hoc visits to the office in Surrey.
What's on Offer
Competitive Basic Salary
Other Flexible benefits and a real opportunity to work for an organisation to develops and invests in its employees' career!
Michael Page are partnering with Pelican on an exclusive retained basis therefore, all third party applications will not be considered.
Ref Code: MPGC13917651Z