Senior Research Analyst
Senior Research Analyst - 14484
Analytics - Great Britain London, London
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Senior Research Analyst for our Consumer Insights UK & Ireland department. The role will be based in our Oxford/ London offices
This is a great role for someone who has cut their teeth in commercial primary research role. If you have had your first job out of university and are now perhaps looking for the next level as well as working for a blue chip company.
A Senior Research Analyst at Nielsen, develops and executes market research studies for our clients They are responsible for compiling, analysing and interpreting market research data, writing client reports and constructing client presentations. Internally, senior team leaders look to them for ongoing project updates and feedback, as well as to respond directly to client needs, as their role as the main day-to-day contact.
In this role, you will assist senior team members in delivering quality services to clients and ensure that the services are delivered timely and precisely according to the client's business needs and specifications and at the same time meeting the company's quality standards.
- Design questionnaires to meet the specific client objectives
- Develop & Communicate research findings into actionable insights to meet client's objectives
- Present your findings in a client facing environment
- Manage multiple projects, all at different design/analysis stages. Proactively anticipate, troubleshoot, overcome, and/or escalate project challenges in a timely manner.
- Coordinate project tasks between your project team, internal support teams, and external vendors
- Support senior team members in managing the client on a day to day basis
Ideal Education & Experience
- Ideally a university degree in Marketing, Economics or related field
- Experience in marketing research, quantitative primary consumer research
- Understanding of research principles and methodologies
- Experience of working for finance clients and mystery shopping are added advantages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint, SPSS
- English: fluent in written and spoken
- Must have Primary research experience
- Must have experience of research outside of academics (sector is not important as long as it's commercial)
- Proven ability to present research/ Insight back to a client (presentations, talks etc)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in a challenging and insightful manner
- An ability to demonstrate times where you have managed or worked on multiple projects
- Ability to work within a virtual environment (comfortable working autonomously and via skype/ Hangouts meetings
In return, Nielsen offers
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
- A yearly holiday purchase scheme
- An opportunity to work with the UK's leading brands
- A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
- Fantastic private healthcare package
- First class training support and development opportunities
You will be a part of a talented and experienced team to uncover what's in consumer minds in order to help our large global clients develop their strategy.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content - video, audio, and text - is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: London,London
Secondary Locations: Oxford, UK