Business Development Manager
Tropical Forest Products specialises in importing Fair Trade organic honey and beeswax from several African countries. The honey is produced deep in the forest by beekeepers who, for generations, have perfected the art of log hive beekeeping and have built an intuitive bond with their bees. We believe that by providing a reliable market for this honey and beeswax we increase the value of the forest resources for the local people, thus empowering them to preserve their environment.
As well as working with African beekeepers we are beekeepers in our own right, having extensive apiaries across Wales and England. Our bees produce a range of honey varieties according to the different bee forage available as the season unfolds.
We pack honey in our Aberystwyth factory and supply customers such as Marks and Spencer, Waitrose, Fortnum and Mason etc., some under our own label and some under our customers’ labels. We also supply bulk honey and beeswax to cosmetic companies such as The Body Shop, Lush, Weleda etc.
Brief Job Description
Tropical Forest Products is a successful, expanding business with a strong ethical focus. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to use their own initiative to develop and implement growth opportunities for the Business. We expect candidates to relate to the ethos of sustainable development and to be able to work harmoniously in a small, dedicated team, with the flexibility of attitude that this entails.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess development priorities and design and implement a development strategy that will grow sales of honey and beeswax products.
- To find new markets and partnerships to enhance sales.
- To develop new products within our brand in order to extend our offering to existing customers and to assess new markets for our products.
- To implement and introduce the Company’s re-branded products nationally from 2018 onwards.
- Attend events and exhibitions when necessary to promote our products.
- Develop opportunities in target markets with support of marketing strategies.
- Nurture and develop new and existing relationships with key customer accounts.
- Attend face-to-face meetings with clients.
- Negotiate pricing in order to maintain or improve profit margins.
- Have experience of, and the ability to, provide accurate forecasting of anticipated sales generated.
- In collaboration with the management team produce communication and marketing materials (e.g. press releases, newsletters, adverts) promoting the organisation through all media outlets as and when required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- You must have obtained a strong sales track record in previous roles.
- Have the proven ability to hit targets.
- Have a consistent background of winning new business.
- It would be beneficial to have relevant Food Manufacturing sector experience.
- You must be articulate and professional in your attitude to work.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Project management skills, including report writing, financial monitoring and evaluation.
- Be self-motivated and have a disciplined approach to your work.
- Have corporate customer experiences.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities.
- Strategic and Business planning skills.
- The ability to meet agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Any other duties as requested by the Management within the general scope of the post.
- Driving license and own transport is essential.
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to occasionally work out of hours to attend meetings or travel.
- Educated to degree level.
- 3 years’ work experience within the field.
TO APPLY: Send your CV and covering letter to:
Andrea Clewett, Office Co-ordinator
Tropical Forest Products, PO Box 92, Aberystwyth, SY23 1AA
Deadline for applications: Friday 1 June 2018