Head of Operations
N & B Foods are a leading foodservice company who have been supplying to the catering trade and the general public across Southern England and South Wales for over 25 years. Established in 1986, N&B has grown from a small enterprise into one of the leading independent foodservice companies in Southern England with their Head Office situated in Swindon.
Due to further successes in a continually growing market place, N&B Foods have created a new Head of operations role based at our main Swindon site. The Role requires a strong leader. You will be responsible for turning a family run operations in to a process driven operation. This will involve assessing the current work force and processes in place and making the necessary changes. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the organisation which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
With huge growth plans, N&B needs an Operations Manager who has extensive experience of running multiple sites.
The following are essential for this role:
- Previous managerial experience within FMCG
- In depth warehousing knowledge
– being able to relay the warehouse
– managing staff and rotas for a 24hrs 6 days per week operation
- Stock management of perishable goods
– putting processes and checks in place from goods in to goods out
– creating stock count processes
– managing stock rotation
- Multi depot management experience
– managing stock control
– payment reconciliation
– putting all required processes in place
– using our current satellite depot as a template for further identified sites
- Commercial experience
– managing your budgets
– identifying cost savings
– revenue generation
– profit targets
- Hgv transport knowledge
– route management
– responsibility for our fleet of 10 x 15 tonnes vehicles (all on a maintenance contract with local hire company)
– whereas you will not be required to hold the O license in your name you will be responsible to ensure the company stay complaint.
- Responsible for the Operations lead of a team and for the delivery of the overall operational metrics & sales targets.
- Develop, implement and review operational procedures
- Ensure delivery of Client KPIs including day to day service levels, customer experience, quality measures and compliance measures
- Responsibility and accountability for the operational performance of the staff and for exceeding targets of all required metrics
- The continuous identification implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team
- Monitoring and analysing current systems for effectiveness and working out a strategy for improving if necessary
- Managing day-to-day activities
- Planning and controlling change
- Managing quality assurance programmes
- Overseeing distribution/ transport and warehouse operations
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost.
- Overseeing stock, distribution of goods and facility layout.
- Full responsibility for budgeting, planning and auditing
- Work with the board to determine values and mission and plan for short and long term goals
- Assisting with recruitment when required
- Full responsibility for health and safety
This role requires an individual who has excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills at a senior level.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is looking for a real challenge but it is vitally important to understand that in the initial months this is going to be a very hands on role requiring a great deal of hard work and long hours in order to achieve a professional operations. The role offers great career progression in line with company growth and you will be reporting directly to the MD.
Apply for Head of Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly