Senior Category Manager
Looking to secure a new Category Management opportunity? Interested in developing to lead a team in a significant category whereby you hold category captaincy status?
Internal promotion has made way for a Senior Category Manager to join the business. A business who are leaders in their field and a Brand which resonates with millions and loved by families around the world. A large marketing team allows for a great deal of collaboration on NPD, innovation and shopper marketing, continuing to create a wonderful shopper experience and customer journey!
As Senior Category Manager you will oversee the Category Management function reporting to and collaborating with the Marketing Director to ultimately develop and assist in the implementation of bespoke plans for each specific Grocery Retailer.
- Proactively developing external relationships
- Continue to uphold category captaincy
- Provide category expertise both internally and externally utilising various data sources including IRI, Kantar and Dunnhumby
- Work with key retailers to present category range reviews, working hand in hand on range rationalisation and space planning
- Work with multiple retailers to oversee and evaluate the over-arching category plan
- Ensure all promotional activity within specific retailers is appropriate for the shopper, retailer and Brand to gain maximum ROI, working in collaboration with the Sales team
- Establish weekly/ monthly reporting to monitor agreed KPIs and enhance Brand performance, distribution and ROS
- Work with the wider marketing team to develop NPD and ensure the category is at the core of the product development
Successful candidates will already be operating as a Category Manager in another FMCG organisation able to transfer and build on your skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IRI/ Kantar/ Dunnhumby
- Excellent knowledge of space planning software
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Takes key insights and develops into a compelling story
- Major MULTs category management experience
- Excellent relationship building and presentation skills
This opportunity provides:
- Team leadership
- Category strategy development
- Category captaincy status
- Hands on category range reviews
- A high level of autonomy and pace of operation
- A cohesive, collaborative and team orientated environment
If you’re currently operating as a Category Manager and looking to build on your skills by leading others around you, this opportunity should grab your attention!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.