National Account Manager - Grocery
About The Business:
Globally recognised Pharmaceutical business focused on pioneering the way Health & Beauty category, boasting multi billion-pound turnover and huge profitability. Not only are they cash rich but they invest heavily in innovation across all areas of their enviable portfolio backing it up with bold marketing campaigns in line with their ambitious growth strategy.
This may be a pharma business, but they are owned by one of the world’s largest & best recognised consumer brands. This has really smartened and sharpened the way they operate – so we’re looking for consumer experts rather than pharma, who specialise in account management growth and want to work in an SME type environment.
Culturally these guys are far from normal in terms of the way they operate. Although owned by a BlueChip they are passionate about flexible working, have no hierarchy and boast a fluid and flexible style.
They need likeminded people who can deal at speed with the sole focus on providing absolute best quality for their consumers and customers - which is something we need you to be passionate about as well. Making informed but quick decisions to maximise growth potential is high on their priority list. If this is a frustration for you in your current role then without doubt this is something you must have a look at!
About the Opportunity:
National Account Manager – Grocery
- £50,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary
- Bonus 25%
- Company car/allowance
- Massive Pension
You will be a National Account Manager on the largest and fastest growing area of the business in Consumer. This part of business boasted an incredible 124% growth YOY with a huge portfolio of products to get your teeth stuck into.
These guys boast a repertoire that allows them to drive customers to focus the consumer solely, the real challenge comes on selling in more of the portfolio than historically taken through NPD.
This is a truly autonomous, fantastic opportunity to cut your teeth in a world class business. The progression plans here are unlimited with a route across functions and into the wider business units within the large blue chip’s backers if so desired.
This is management of large grocery and high street customers focusing on the likes of Boots and Superdrug as their largest accounts amongst others.
We are looking for a high calibre, ambitious, consumer goods professional and whilst previous experience in the OTC pharmaceutical market is beneficial it is certainly not a pre-requisite. It will be your commercial acumen, customer focus and ability to inspire those around you that will set you apart.
You’ll be ambitious, a future leader and someone who will raise the bar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role or related business
- Experience with account management responsibility in FMCG
- Understanding and management data is desirable, Inc. P&L
- Strong understanding of application of sales levers to specific customer and market dynamics.
- Perform analysis weekly, monthly, quarterly as per requirement of internal reporting and external account management. This will include but not limited to JBP, promotional activity, actual vs. forecast/plan, use of data
- Financial understanding related to sales levers
- Networking / Relationship Management
- Time Management / Organisation
- Inspires to deliver high-quality service. Looks for what the customer really needs, over and beyond request. Knows products and their value to our customers and knowing how we can work internally collaboratively to ensure we meet the customer needs
If you are up for a challenge in a business oozing in growth and NPD then please confidentially drop me a line.
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting. We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 360 360 – we look forward to being in touch.
Apply for National Account Manager - Grocery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly