National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager – Hoggs of Fife Ltd
Hoggs of Fife Ltd is a long established and respected supplier, of its own-brand clothing and footwear, to Country and Outdoor markets throughout the UK and Ireland. The company is looking to recruit an experienced professional to head up its Sales and Marketing operation. You will lead the day to day delivery of the division’s sales and profit targets, and focus on the development of the customer base, product range and reporting colleagues.
The company is based in Central Scotland, with a team of area sales managers operating throughout the UK & Ireland, and the responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of the Sales team
- Management of the Head Office Telesales Team
- Development of sales to the Company’s Key Accounts
- Providing a strong influence over the content of the Company’s product portfolio and pricing strategy.
Previous experience in all these areas is essential.
The Company is looking to develop new markets, outwith its traditional agricultural base, so the appointee will have the opportunity to influence the Company’s sales growth into new markets. Of graduate level, you will have a proven track record of developing sales growth within the clothing sector.
Ideally, you will live in Central Scotland, close to the company’s base, to aid involvement in strategy development, sales planning and product development. An attractive salary, commensurate with the role, is being offered, along with opportunities to enhance your earnings dependant on achievement of growth targets. The role includes a company car, plus other benefits and reports directly to the Managing Director.
Essential to the success of the role are:
- The ability to communicate and negotiate at board level
- A preparedness to travel throughout the Company’s Sales Areas as and when required, either to visit Key Accounts or accompanying Area Sales Managers on customer visits
- Possession of good motivational and communication skills
- Disciplined financial control of margins and overheads
- Experience in forward selling
- An ability to work as part of a team, both departmentally and Company-wide
- The ability to work independently, using your own initiative
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi task
- Computer literate in all key Microsoft software
Required from the role are:
- Periodic preparation of Sales Plans, Targets and A&P Budget
- Evaluation and review of product performance
- Monthly Sales reporting
- Monitoring of competitor activities and product trends
- Attendance at specific Trade Shows, where appropriate
If you wish to be considered for this role, please apply, via The Grocer website, including details of your current remuneration package, enclosing your CV, and explaining why you think you may be a suitable candidate. You will receive a response to your application immediately following the closing date of 4th June 2018.