National Accounts Manager – Grocery
Job title: National Accounts Manager – Grocery
Location: Home based – central UK
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 plus 20% bonus, company car and benefits
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/20305
- Inherit and develop a £10M business base with major grocery retail.
- Fast moving multi-product, multi-category branded and own-label supplier.
- An autonomous role that demands skilled account management and creativity.
The National Account Manager role:
Reporting to the UK Sales Director key responsibilities will include:
- Commercial responsibility for two major grocery retail groups with existing sales in excess of £10M per annum.
- Driving the company’s NPD strategy within your accounts.
- Developing excellent internal and external relationships that allow new business opportunities.
- Writing and delivering joint business plans by account that achieve sales and profit goals.
- Drive category management initiatives and best practice.
- Implement promotions in order to respond to market challenges and opportunities.
The National Account Manager candidate:
Home based you will be able to travel throughout the UK to head office or customers’ premises as required. We are looking for an exceptional National Account Manager who can perform in this high-profile role. Suitable candidates will have the following profile:
- At least 4 years of National Account Manager level experience dealing with at least one major grocery retailer.
- High value trading relationship with Tesco, Morrisons, Asda or Sainsbury is preferred.
- A graduate level education as well as being highly numerate and IT literate.
- Deep understanding of category management principles.
- A data led decision maker.
- Experience of developing and executing successful business plans.
- Advanced interpersonal and influence skills.
- A clear market leader in the supply and manufacture of non-food products to the multiple grocers.
- Possess a strong brand, exciting commitment to NPD and able to supply branded and own label solutions.
- Enviable track record and ambitious for future growth.
- Great opportunity for career advancement.
A negotiable salary plus profit based bonus, company car, pension contribution, healthcare plan, mobile, laptop and 25 days paid holiday.
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.