Business Development Manager
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager, looking to take on a new challenge? If so, we are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Here at Leathams, we’re a dedicated, hard-working bunch (over 255 at the last count), linked by a real love and passion for food and a willingness to try anything once! Innovators in food since 1980 we proudly serve the Foodservice, Ingredients and Retail Sectors.
Business Development Manager responsibilities:
The main purpose is to develop sales of our Ingredient’s Manufacturing (pizza, sandwiches and ready meals) customer base by building positive relationships as well as presenting our products in the most effective manner with an excellent gross profit margin. As well as:
- To achieve contribution and sales target agreed for the year
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with customers.
- Manage the development of new business
- Help in the achievement of the ISAN Sectors sales target, whilst ensuring that company quality standards are met and that compliance with established policies and procedures is respected.
- Meet set departmental standards entails constant evaluation and reference to information, including the sectors sales budget, which will be regularly reviewed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for reducing STS, introducing new products, increasing the range of existing products sold to existing customers, acquiring new customers.
- Develop sales with customers in the most cost-effective manner – maximising each visit made to each customer and using samples with the least cost as possible to the company
- Utilise the support of the Ingredients Customer Services Team in Nottingham and Sales support in London.
- services issues etc in order that his time is best used towards achieving budgeted sales target and spending time talking to and visiting customers.
- Be responsible for ensuring we minimise the cost of third party transport by agreeing minimum free delivery order values.
- Be responsible for ensuring we select customers of a credit worthy nature, agree the best payment terms for the company and where required he will assist the credit control team in getting payments from customers
The Ideal Business Development Manager:
- Experience of an Account manager/Business Development role
- 5 years’ experience in a similar food related industry
- Demonstrate competency in resources and people management in accordance to the requirements of the job
- Be able to achieve the core competencies of the job
- Be literate and numerate in English
- Be computer literate including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and email
- Hold a current full driving licence
In return for your exceptional work as our Business Development Manager – you can expect a highly competitive salary on top of a range of excellent benefits!
If you feel you have the determination to excel in the role of Business Development Manager, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY now!
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly