Global Product Manager - Drinks By The Dram
Global Product Manager- Drinks By The Dram
Department/Section: Atom Brands
Salary range: £40,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
Place of work: Field - Based
Reporting to: Global Commercial Manager
For almost a decade, the Drinks by the Dram brand has been able to offer consumers around the world the opportunity to trial over 5000 different spirits in a neatly contained 3cl dram. Quite often they can be found in the ever-popular advent calendars or hugely giftable tasting sets. Now the game is changing, and for any brand worth their salt, the opportunity to incorporate their brands into the most agile and diverse global “liquid on lips” sampling opportunity has become a reality… and we need someone who can grab hold of this burgeoning goliath and take it to the next level!
Essentials of the job
- Establish Drinks By The Dram (DBTD) as the ‘go to’ proposition for liquid on lips global brand development
- Globally engage with brand owners to source liquid and create partnerships.
- Develop the commercial proposition to take to market, to engage brand owners and retailers alike.
- Curate the product selection for consumer propositions (advent calendars, tasting sets and sampling campaigns).
- Develop the Drinks by the Dram proposition as a sales tool for wholesale and retail partners globally.
- Go to market to support the commercial team's customer development, acting as the anchor point for all commercial and marketing conversations.
- Measure and evaluate the success of campaigns and initiatives across the entire global customer base and feedback successes to the brand owners.
- Work with the internal marketing team to develop best in class collateral for packaging and consumer facing materials based on both consumer, customer and retailer insights.
- Provide input into the global brand plans for the Drinks by the Dram brand and overall Atom Brands business strategy.
- Develop the "pay per sip" concept for the total market and take the proposition to the commercial teams as a tangible sales tool.
- Manage revenue streams ranging from calendar slots through to full end-to-end marketing campaigns.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Solid background in buying, ideally in beverage, preferably in FMCG.
- Should have a strong understanding of the innovation process, with experience of taking brands and concepts to market.
- Experience as a product manager, with demonstrable knowledge of developing a concept and leading a multifunctional team to deployment; this would ideally be in food or drink, but any lifestyle or luxury consumer goods will be looked upon favourably.
- Strong commercial acumen, including account management and/or commercial finance.
- Understanding of global marketing, A&P budgeting and developing business propositions.
- Strong global ‘black book’ of contacts that you are able to tap into to gain quick wins and solid traction.
- Whilst this is a global role, a strong understanding of the British marketplace is key, as well as being able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity where required.
- Confident in talking about category, trends and brands; ideally will have a strong working knowledge of the spirits category in the UK or internationally.
- Strong understanding of customer marketing, including brand execution, trade marketing, pricing and category development.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification - Higher Level - would be desirable.
- This role is field-based and will require global travel; a full UK driving licence is therefore required.
- You’ll be a strong networker and have a an ambitious hunger to succeed.
- It is likely you’ll have several large projects on the go at any one time, so it is important that you are an effective multi-tasker with a strong sense of organisation.
- Passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen.
- You will possess a strong sense of purpose, be proactive and capable of working autonomously.
- Ability to think outside the box and be able to challenge the status quo within the industry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Presentable, articulate and polite.
Why work for us?
Well, other than all the usual stuff that any normal company should give pensions, childcare vouchers, cycle2work scheme), we've got…
- The opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing, most innovative and exciting drinks businesses in the UK
- Flexible working
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to.
Oh! And you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.