Next Generation Products Brand Manager
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Have you ever wanted to work for an international leading company who achieved success worldwide and with a long history of focusing on sustainability and corporate responsibility?
Do you want the experience of creating and building next-generation brands with a group of passionate experts in responsible marketing?
Our aim is to offer our consumers – adult smokers – a choice of a range of different products, from traditional cigarettes through to less risky alternatives. These new products offer us another opportunity to further grow our business, while also having the potential to reduce smoking-related disease because they are considered to be less risky than normal cigarettes.
We are looking for a Next Generation Products Brand Manager to join our team, focused on developing and launching a pipeline of innovation for adult consumers to help build the new brands and accelerate growth for the company.
JOB SUMMARY :
The NGP Brand manager is responsible for all marketing activities on Next Generation Products in the UK across all ranges and all channels (including digital).
The jobholder will be a key member of the team tasked with driving NGP growth in the UK. He/she will report to the Head of Marketing.
- Contribute to the overall NGP marketing strategy and plan by integrating the consumer and customer segment strategies and the R2C models into the brand strategy.
- Assist in developing and refining the Vype brand portfolio strategy in alignment with overall marketing strategy, ensuring competitive advantage in priority consumer segments.
- Clearly defining the optimal brand portfolio for the UK market and liaise with the Category Manager and Business Development team for best ranging and best in class execution across channels (retail, digital, specialists). Coordinate the development and execution of all annual brand plans ensuring that
•Allocation of brand / platform objectives and BSE are in line with portfolio definitions
•High level set of programs are defined for each brand / platform in line with its agreed role in the portfolio
• Brand / platform activities meet portfolio objectives and consumer segment requirements
• Brands / platforms are leveraged based on consumer insights
- Drive the implementation of brand activities / brand launches
• Ensure activities are efficient and effective and maximise ROI
• Identify necessary changes in strategy and priorities during implementation
- Lead the strategy for penetrating and winning fair share of the business in the biggest channels for NGP – digital and specialists stores
- Participate in the definition of pricing guidelines and recommendation of strategic and tactical pricing decisions across the entire range of Vype
- Develop a well trained and motivated brand team capable of delivering against the brand portfolio strategy
- Effective coordination with above market teams including Regional NGP and IBG Vype to ensure strategy and plans are in line with regional and global brand strategies
- Manage and allocate brand budget with support from direct reports and Marketing Finance.
- *Essential requirements
- Ideally 4-5 years' experience in brand portfolio management, brand pricing and positioning
- Interest in FMCG industry and products
- Demonstrated mindset and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to work within constantly changing landscapes.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of consumer research and engagement
- Strong bias for action and desire to develop brands and to drive brand profitability
- Your personal profile:
- You’re a born leader: You engage and inspire people, you provide direction and focus and drive people for results. You act commercially and are consumer centric and engage stakeholders proactively.
- You love changes and challenges, and have fun driving or contributing to change: You enjoy working in a constantly changing and evolving environment. You think of changing plans as opportunities to seize for more and want to write success stories. You enjoy solving the challenges along the way. Helping our team identify new brilliant ideas to drive business growth.
- *Working at BAT
- British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.