Business Development Manager
Miko Pac are now expanding and launching our first UK based sales team. A new and very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development/Account Manager with a pioneering approach to increase and expand our UK customer base. You will ideally live close to major transport links and within driving distance to one of our UK offices in either Chertsey or Sheffield.
Miko Pac NV is part of the Belgian Miko Group, active in coffee service and plastics processing, with more then 1000 employees.
Within the food industry, Miko Pac is a recognized partner for the supply of state-of-the-art packaging products with a high added value, and is BRC- and ISO-certified. Miko Pac stands for: knowhow to realize packaging products that conform to the high standards of our customers and provide excellent value-for-money, a modern array of machinery, and a dynamic team of employees with their heart in their jobs. More information is available at www.mikopac.com.
The successful applicant MUST have the following skills and experience:
- New product launch experience
- have previous experience in the selling of plastic products for the food industry in the UK market
- be a self starter, with drive, persistence, confidence and motivation but also the necessary patience to gain new business in a market sector with a relatively long sales journey
- have a friendly, diplomatic and yet persuasive personality to build and maintain long-term relationships with your customers portfolio
- be meticulous and precise in your work ethics
- have an energetic and persistent personality, with an acute commercial capability and a professional and flexible approach
- be interested in the various production processes and the problem of packaging within the food industry. Knowledge of or experience in this sector would be beneficial
- would ideally have a university degree in an economic or technical field, preferably enhanced with a broad sales experience
- Must have a full, clean driving licence
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- to analyse the packaging market, look for opportunities and draw up a plan of action together with the sales director in our head office in Belgium
- gain and also preserve contacts with (potential) principals (mainly industrial customers) with a view to maintaining and significantly expanding client relationships
- be familiar with our product range and interest in technical matters allowing you to quickly understand what the client needs (standard or tailor-made products)
- liaise regularly with your production specialist colleagues in Belgium to gain the knowledge needed to help you succeed
In short, a highly exciting career challenge with a diverse range of tasks that will challenge you commercially.
- a pleasant and dynamic working environment in an established, expansive concern
- a competitive salary depending on your knowledge and experience
- bonus structure
- a prestigious company car, mobile phone, sat nav, laptop
- generous annual leave allowance
- membership into our various company benefit schemes
- extensive training and development to help you plan your future career
If you have all the above skill and more, we want to hear from you. If you’re successful with your application you will initially be invited to attend an interview at our Chertsey office in Surrey. In the meantime thank you for your interest in Miko Pac NV.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE