Buyer - Food
Buyer - Food
Based in Buckingham
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 dependent on experience
Natco Foods, a highly successful and award winning food manufacturer, part of a large international group of companies, are currently looking to recruit a skilled and experienced Buyer at their purpose-built site in Buckingham. Offering an attractive salary, this is a great chance to join and develop your career as part of a leading multi-million pound food business.
Reporting to the CEO, you would be responsible for effectively managing buying activities for your assigned product portfolio, with the company’s product range covering Lentils, Pulses, Beans, Spices, Nuts and Dried Fruits, and Canned Goods, plus more. You would be expected to ensure the availability of the right product at the right time, at the right price, in the right quantity and of the right quality, thus enabling the company to meet and exceed sales, cost and profit targets. As an influential purchasing professional you would also be expected to advise management on continuous improvement measures to add value to the business.
- Commodities buying experience within the food sector
- Good product knowledge and exposure to commodities such as Canned Goods, Nuts and Dried Fruit, Food Ingredients etc
- Excellent negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Strong supplier management and relationship building ability
- Well organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
- Strong commercial acumen
Natco Foods is a well-established and highly regarded manufacturer of high quality ambient food products, part of an international group of companies. Offering an attractive salary plus benefits, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a part in the continued success of a dynamic and forward thinking business.