Senior Category Manager - Grocery
The Happy Egg Company is the UK's number one free range egg brand – because happy hens lay tasty eggs. From its origins as a small family business in 1920, Noble has developed into a multi-divisional, fast moving, innovative food business employing over 1700 people. Each of our divisions is unique offering different challenges and exciting career opportunities.
We have an informal style and believe in giving as much responsibility and accountability where possible. Whichever division you work for, we believe in training and developing each of our colleagues and in providing an environment where all colleagues can achieve their full potential.
As a company we are firmly committed to equality of employment opportunity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a commercially trained Category Manager within Grocery reporting into the Category & Marketing Director, working closely with the Account Directors you will make a significant contribution to developing and delivering our category strategy.
You will be the lead for Top 3 Grocery customer + one direct report – adding structure to our insights and data using this to build better and stronger retailer relationships and ultimately grow our brand and share of category, you will be accountable for the delivery and execution of shopper insights and the management of category relationships, coupled shopper marketing planning and budgets.
Ideal candidates will be working within FMCG which has provided them with a thorough understanding of Category Management, there are fantastic progression opportunities within this fast paced working environment as well as ongoing training and development.
• An inquisitive mind with a focus on developing your career.
• Energetic and passionate about Category Mgt.
• Proven ability to make things happen with the confidence to challenge, question things.
• Training, development and support will be given for the selected candidate.
• Possess excellent IT skills and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Highly charismatic and confident person in all elements of their role.
• Exceptional inter-personal skills, exhibiting tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and absolute professionalism at all times.
• Demonstrate a sense of warmth, humour and fun where appropriate i.e. the ability to tactfully empathise and build rapport with the consumers and customers alike.
Of graduate calibre with an FMCG background in sales or marketing and category management, you will have with significant knowledge of the UK grocery sector.
All third parties applications will be forwarded to Nicky Stapleton