National Account Controller - Out of Home - Scotland
4 days left
- Contract Type
One of Europe’s most successful ambient food businesses have created a new opportunity for an Out of Home National Account Controller to drive and further develop their presence within Scotland. The business boasts a fantastic portfolio of instantly recognised iconic brands as well as a range of high quality private label products. Family owned, spanning over three generations, the company currently turnovers in excess of £250m. They have a strong presence across the Retail and Out of Home channels. Following significant growth and several acquisitions, the business is looking to appoint an ambitious National Account Controller.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be tasked with leading from the front to set the strategy for the business in the Out Of Home channel in Scotland. You will have full P&L responsibility for customers across the High Street, Convenience, Wholesale and Foodservice channels. This position will provide an opportunity to work in a forward thinking business that gives their employees total autonomy to make decisions and grow business. In addition your direct account management, you will be responsible for leading a team of KAM’s as well as setting the standard by managing strategically important customers.
Additional responsibilities include;
- To provide strategic direction, leadership and management of Scotland, ensuring that all sales activities contribute towards the company growth and profitability targets
- Shape the commercial strategy and form part of the senior management team
- Direct responsibility for key Scottish customers – (United Wholesale, United Grocers, Filshill, Scotmid Co-op and picking up the Regional Director contact for Booker & Bestway)
- Manage 30+ smaller customers within Scotland indirectly through your team
- Work with End User customers to drive distribution of our brands
- Build strong and effective relationships with key senior customer contacts and understand the wider customer dynamics and trends.
- Negotiating and driving effective Joint Business Plans with all relevant parties
- Building constructive relationships with all appropriate customer contacts
- Developing, managing, and executing promotional activity programs with these customers
- Managing your team through KPI’s, objective setting and leading by example
- Building strong relationships with internal colleagues
- Driving the Scotland Strategy and influence internal stake holders to back your plans
The successful candidate
The successful candidate for this role will be an experienced Senior National Account Manager or National Account Controller with a track record of managing a team, together with creating a clear strategy, creating joint business plans, seizing opportunities and driving business growth. You will have a track record of selling branded food products (ideally impulse food/drinks) into the Scottish marketplace, specifically with the customer channels named above. You will be a high achiever who can thrive in an autonomous working culture.
From a location perspective, this is a home based role and the successful candidate will be ideally based in central Scotland.
Apply for National Account Controller - Out of Home - Scotland
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly