Head of Category/Category Controller
PepsiCo are on the look-out for a Category Controller to join our Category and Insights team here in the UK.
Our Category and Insights team is a core part of our sales function, encompassing category management, shopper insight and sales strategy experts. The team work in partnership with our trading, brand and commercial functions to ensure our customers' and shoppers' needs are at the absolute heart of all our business planning. The team are committed to responding fast and comprehensively to our customers' short term and immediate needs, however we also keep our eyes firmly on the long term agenda and what it will take to drive real base sustainable growth in our categories and for our customers.
We work in partnership with our colleagues and our customers to find out what's happening and, more importantly, what to do about it. We really value the trusted category advisor relationships that we have with the UK's biggest and best retailers and distributors and are dedicated to understanding their priorities and agendas to build shared plans for growth.
As a Category Controller at PepsiCo, you'll provide customer and category insight to support and build category relationships, and you'll support the commercialisation of our PepsiCo UK brands. In more detail you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of category insights plans for two of our grocery customers aligning stakeholders to key priorities both external and internal which support the delivery of the overall Sales AOP across all sub channels and customers
- Strengthen indispensable partnerships with senior customer contacts by identifying key store, category and shopper risks and opportunities and then leading mutually beneficial strategic projects as a result of insights analysis and key findings
- Lead and support the team to become integral partners by providing relevant, timely and integrated insights that shape category and business growth and secure required resources to leverage the opportunities identified
- Deliver the in-store vision across all three categories; snacks, juice and grains; including range and space, pricing and promotional activity, shopper led events and merchandising look and feel to optimise sales growth and share in all customers
- Develop external / internal information strategy to ensure robust customer, category and shopper data to execute the plan as well as efficient and timely communication of trends/insights to all relevant stakeholders to ensure "one version of the truth"
- Support the Sales teams ongoing through provision of strategic meeting content
- Support Grocery Controller in developing future direction of team
- Inspire, manage, coach and develop the team of 3 directs, setting clear priorities aligned to the customers
- Support Grocery Category Controller in developing the Category Team, building skills and capability and talent pipeline
- Create a high performing team through use of team building techniques and practices as part of the overall PUK culture development initiatives
- Build capability across the total team plus wider sales and marketing teams to reinforce the principles of customer centric selling
- Required skills and experience
- Significant category management experience, broad commercial experience and knowledge of the UK FMCG market (Grocery experience preferable but not essential)
- Ability to merge multiple, complex data sources to develop insight and clear action plans
- Ability to manage and coach a direct report
- Knowledge of continuous data sources and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships, influence internal and external stakeholders and work in a collaborative manner
- Ability to set strategy, deliver results, build and present compelling selling stories using data and insight
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesise and integrate learning from multiple sources and see the connections in data, trends and events to generate insights