Area Sales Manager
Reporting to: Field Sales Manager
Primary contacts: Customers, Field Sales Manager, Sales Director and Customer Services Team
Remuneration: Salary and bonus competitive. Company car, private healthcare and pension
Rodo is now in its ninth decade of trading and continues to cement its position as the UK’s leading one stop shop supplier of decorating accessories, workwear and personal protective equipment. Rodo is a preferred supplier to all the major players in the UK trade and enjoys significant presence amongst independent merchants and retailers. The company enjoys year on year growth and the ability this provides to invest in the company’s future.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced sales professional to join a well-established and successful company. Applicants may be seeking the next step in their career and looking to join a rapidly growing company where they can progress professionally.
The primary role is management of and sales to independent accounts, national accounts and key accounts that require sales calls in the South-East Area of England. Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex and Surrey, within London below the River Thames.
• Sole responsibility for independent accounts and key accounts in the area
• Calling responsibility for national account branches in the area
• To become the number one supplier for decorating accessories and PPE within each account
• To ensure all relevant instructions from the account are communicated to and then actioned by the relevant Rodo department and vice versa
• To achieve annual sales budgets by account
• To open a minimum value of new accounts over a rolling 12-month period, in line with Target and budgetary requirements.
• To manage a journey cycle which is driven mainly by opportunity and not geography
• To think about and plan opportunities for every call before walking through the door
• To gain and ensure Rodo product are defended
• To sell in Rodo promotions and ensure that competitors are kept out during key promotional seasons
• To ensure that Rodo products are displayed in the optimum positions within stores
• Where necessary arrange and conduct stock and order calls
• To calculate selling prices to customer (when required) and recommend and manage where possible “sell through” prices to maximise Rodo turnover and where necessary protect the brand
• Whilst formal educational qualities are preferable it is accepted that for this role geographical knowledge of the area, experience and personal qualities are key
• A working knowledge of computers with use of email is essential
• Extensive experience in B2B environment preferably in the home improvements sector
• Proven success of selling products, opening accounts and delivering budgets with independent customers
• Key Accounts experience is preferable but not essential
• Personal drive as the job is very much self-managed
• Ability to negotiate within fairly widely set parameters
• Excellent communication skills both with customers and head office
• Organised administrative skills
• Well presented
• Hands on attitude