General Commercial Manager- Drinks- Brighton
Calling all Rogues!
A fantastic opportunity to join Regal Rogue as General Commercial Manager and become an integral part of the leadership team in an exciting period of growth for the business.
Headquartered in Brighton Regal Rogue is a craft Australian Vermouth with real personality and a great story to tell. Positioned as the World’s Quaffing Vermouth, it is made with 100% Australian wine married with native Australian aromatics and has 30% less sugar than traditional European equivalents. It’s perfect as an alternative to a G&T, a Rogue aperitif or for making a “Reverse Classic” cocktail.
The world’s leading markets, premium restaurants, bars and bartenders around the world seem to agree. Sales have grown year on year since launch in 2011, the business has a strong investment platform and an outstanding set of NEDs and advisors supporting the Founding Rogue in his quest to build the brand internationally. The four Rogue varieties are already available in several markets around the world, but the big focus is on Australia, the UK and the USA.
Reporting directly to the founder and in partnership with the Head of Business Finance, the General Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management of the business across all markets via Country Managers, Brand Ambassadors and distributors. You will be responsible for setting sales strategy, driving business performance and meeting volume and share objectives. Although not directly accountable for marketing, production, supply chain or finance, you will have an appreciation of all business levers and have the range to bring them together to form an aligned approach and cohesive company culture.
As such, we are looking for a dynamic and passionate leader who will enable the success and growth of the business by improving day to day efficiency across all commercial aspects of the business. We’re looking for Rogue character, someone with ideas, a passionate advocate of improvement, energetic and driven to make a difference to the business and the people around them.
Charisma alone isn’t quite enough unfortunately. This is a key hire and potential Rogues must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant first-hand experience of the wine or spirits category
- At least 10 years sales or business management in a branded goods arena
- Experience of people management (at least 4 reports) and of building effective working relationships with other functions (specifically marketing and finance)
- Good understanding of distributors and overseas markets
- Demonstrable examples of identifying and securing new business opportunities at customer, channel or market level
- Strong track record of setting commercial strategy and accurate sales forecasts
- Experience of managing demand and customer expectations in a category with a finite supply and/or considerable production lead times
All applications (including 3rd party and direct) are being managed and assessed by our search partners at bpesearch. To apply or discuss the opportunity further, please contact Daniel Kent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting RR/25469/DK.