Job purpose and key deliverables
We’re on the hunt for enthusiastic interns to support our Marketing Function in the NGP Brands, Insights, Digital and NGP Activation departments. If you’re a self-starter that loves to drive change and want to begin your career with hands-on experience in one of the world’s most successful companies, read on...
1. NGP Brands Intern
The Tobacco industry is in constant transformation and with the introduction of NGP/Vaping products into our portfolio there are many exciting opportunities within marketing for the suitable candidate. Thus, we are looking to enrich our NGP Brand Marketing team with a Brand Intern who will take active role in a) product and artwork development b) data analysis on our/competitor products performance to feed our market strategy c) ensuring these are readily available and easily accessible for internal stakeholders to use.
This is an opportunity to work on some of the biggest vaping brands in the UK. The NGP Brand Intern is responsible for supporting the NGP Brand Manager (BM) across all marketing activities of one / more NGP brands in the UK across all products and all channels (inclusive of digital). He/she will report to the NGP Brand Manager.
1. Assist the BM in developing and refining the brand direction in alignment with overall marketing strategy, ensuring competitive advantage in priority consumer segments.
2. Liaise with the Business Development team for best ranging and best in class execution across channels (retail, digital, specialists) and support in the development of artwork development briefings with external agencies to support the BM in the execution of annual cycle plans.
3. Analyse sales volume data across NGP products in all channels and provide clear summary of findings.
4. Conduct regular research on competitor/marketplace activity across retail and online.
5. Assist the BM and respective Category Manager in penetrating and winning fair share of the business in the biggest channels for NGP – digital and specialists stores.
6. Effective coordination with all internal stakeholders to ensure plans are deployed properly.
7. Organise and keep record of all NGP brand budget spend, including the raising of purchase orders for all brand-specific activity.
2. Insights and Planning Intern
We are looking to enrich our Strategic Insights team with a smart, creative & curious Insights Intern who will quickly become a category expert and take active role in a) ensuring data quality excellence b) finding actionable insights to feed our market strategy c) ensuring these are readily available and easily accessible for internal stakeholders to use.
1. Supports the Strategy, Planning and Insights Manager in the production of standardised and ad-hoc analysis, reports and presentations across BAT UK, regional insights team, global HQ and the wider BAT market
2. Ensures implementation of all marketing research & information common platforms and best practices
3. Develops and maintains comprehensive competitive analysis / dabases / standardised reports
4. Assists in the timely completion measurement and evaluation of Brand and Trade Marketing activity, including ROI analysis
3. Digital Intern
Working on our Next Generation Products portfolio you will be responsible for showcasing our market leading brands online, building belief in our mission to offer the best quality, safest nicotine products to consumers all over the UK. The goal of the intern program is to identify high potential ‘movers and shakers’ that will help us drive transformational growth of NGP online (gap year or recent graduates).
1. Online brand planning
· Develop and execute annual direct to consumer communication brand plans.
· Create channel plans to support innovation launches across online platforms.
2. Drive Consumer Engagement
· Responsible for developing brand and/or user generated content that drives consumer engagement and sales across direct to consumer channels.
· Work cross-functionally (marketing, scientists and regulators) to deliver relevant and engaging brand stories and experiences.
· Identify and execute brand or influencer partnerships to amplify and grow social media presence.
3. Measurement & Evaluation
· Sets targets and develops measurement and evaluation tools to track progress.
· Develop and deliver regular business reports providing clear recommendation for both short-term and long-term improvements to the direct to consumer communication plans.
· Continuous review and refinement of communication plans to deliver compelling brand experiences, whilst ensuring delivery against the agreed KPI’s and budget.
· ‘Bring the outside in’ – Continually review competitor and best in class online consumer engagement, to build BAT capability.
4. NGP Activation Intern
Our interns are passionate about transforming the tobacco industry to reduced risk alternatives. Working on our Next Generation Products portfolio you will be responsible for showcasing our market leading brands in retail, building belief in our mission to offer the best quality, safest nicotine products to consumers all over the UK.
Assistance on design, development, production, management and evaluation of:
· Pop Up Materials
· Point of Sale Materials (POS)
· Our unitary estate.
· Festival pods and activities
· Direct selling activities
· Consumer Engagement activities and tool-kits.
You will learn how to:
Develop innovative, high quality and impactful POSM including hardware for deployment in different shopper channels
Effectively collaborate with other functions to achieve common goals
Provide efficient input into effective agency briefings and guide the creative process for the implementation of campaigns of key missiles and major initiatives by shopper channel.
Manage and evaluate all activities.
Share knowledge and skills amongst team members in order to support the execution of activities and deliver business.
o We will consider all degrees.
o We are looking for leaders of the future – creative self-starters, who can work effectively cross-functionally to deliver brand plans that will transform business performance online through consumer engagement.
o Business acumen and analytical skills.
o Desire to make your mark in a fast-paced high growth category with complex legal and regulatory principles.
o Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Why Join Us?
o Our mission is to globally lead the transformation of the tobacco industry, for the benefit of consumers, and society. You will make a difference through the work you do every day.
o Unique opportunity to build market leading brands in one of the fastest growing consumer goods categories with intense competition and complex regulatory challenges.
o Receive coaching and mentoring, through regular feedback and support, whilst developing your potential through world class training. We believe in supporting our people to be the best they can be.
o Opportunity to get stuck into a real job from day 1 in one of the UK’s largest companies. Your internship will provide a vast amount of practical, hands-on experience in an incredibly short space of time that will serve you well as your career unfolds. Desirable requirements *Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.