National Account Manager- Asda & Morrisons (Exciting Branded & Own Label House)
Our client is a UK leader within the Branded & Own Label Marketplace, their products are NPD focused and of the highest Quality & Taste. Indeed they are at the forefront of the strong double digit organic growth within the categories which they operate. In order to drive the market further they are now seeking to appoint a NAM to champion 2 of their highest growth customers.
As a NAM you will take full P&L accountability alongside the development of medium and long-term strategic growth plans in order to deliver Gross Margin and Net Sales targets. For 2018 fiscal year this equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business, hence the role is a highly challenging one. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with range management and merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer. Furthermore you will champion the symbiotic growth of both Top Sales as well as improving Bottom Line performance. This will see you lead a full “range & category” review in an effort to bring a “new” way of driving footfall and subsequent repeat purchase levels to the shopper space. Principal Accountabilities will be:
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions
- Account Growth beyond the status quo.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions.
- Where required- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports Central/European brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Relevant Candidates will have ideally gained exposure to the Commercial Management of one of the UK’s leading retailers across Food; and in doing so they will be at ease with operating in a challenging sales environment. Above all Candidate must have high levels of Commercial & Financial Acumen; as the Business is strongly “numbers/data” focused it's processes and internal communications. Of course being a Global Player, will mean successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path.