SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The position includes responsibility for the management of equipment, resources, teams, committees, and any other necessary tools to execute business improvement activities. In addition, this individual will utilise all necessary skills and resources at their disposal to ensure that Haddenham Plant is aligned to EMEA facilities in relation to visual management.
- Identify business improvement projects as part of the CI team, for the year ahead and measures to validate project results.
- Use established processes for project optimisation and communication, including cost optimisation goals and measures that feed into site goals.
- Facilitate improvement workshops and coach teams to drive the methodology across site.
- Enhance our approach to 5S workplace organisation.
- Assist with and support the site in implementing cost optimisation tools, including but not limited to TPM, 8 Wastes, 5S, Kaizen, Quick Changeover etc.
- Actively engage with peer groups across sites within the UK, to ensure best practice is observed.
- Identify and manage equipment and resources required for successful execution of quality improvement activity.
- Communicate project progress to site teams, Business Leaders and other McCormick sites and serve as the general spokesperson for site specific projects and program results, where necessary.
- Use agreed metrics to validate the requirement for projects and/or justify allocation of resources to a project team.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety, Environmental and People requirements.
- Coach and mentor site first line leadership team and their direct reports.
- Oversee and report on the status of business improvement projects and CCI activity / progress for the site, working closely with the CCI / procurement team to ensure up-to-date information is available.
- Understanding of tools and techniques used in Lean Manufacturing (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt minimum).
- Demonstrated competence of working in a manufacturing environment, preferably food, pharmaceutical, automotive)
- Knowledge and understanding of tracking, analysing and communicating KPIs
- Experience of facilitating and leading improvement projects (using a DMAIC approach)
- Coaching skills and a facilitator of training and workshops for all levels within Operations team
- Knowledge of Excel (expert), SAP, Access, Powerpoint & other MS office applications. Working knowledge of Tableau would be advantageous
- Able to demonstrate the ability to instigate and manage change
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and the ability to prioritise demands and work to tight deadlines
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.3 billion in annual sales in 2015, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,600 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.