Sales Representative - Clothing/Fashion
Job title: Sales Representative - Clothing/Fashion
Location: South Central to East Side of England (Bucks / Herts / Norfolk / Suffolk / Essex / Hampshire / Surrey / Kent / Sussex)
Salary: to £30,000 plus open-ended commission (OTE £45,000) plus car, mobile, ipad
Sector: Clothing / Fashion / Footwear
Job type: permanent
Job reference: AL/20020
- Branded supplier of casual outdoor clothing now sold through 700 retail outlets
- Achieving annual growth of 30% and stocked by some leading high street names
- An established sales area and open ended commission package
A successful and fast growing British fashion clothing and footwear manufacturer with a strong outdoor living identity. Now stocked by 700 independent retailers throughout the UK and by some leading names in department store and outdoor living retail. Three new export countries opened in the last year and huge ambition for further growth.
The role of Sales Representative:
As a Sales Representative you will work from home and cover the East of England, starting from Hampshire, up to Oxfordshire, across to Essex and then down to Kent and anything in between. You will visit sports and fashion retailers, department stores, clothing and shoe shops, outdoor shops, gift shops and garden centres.
You will have a large established customer portfolio and be targeted to achieve sales growth in these accounts while prospecting for new, suitable retail customers. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Arrange meetings with existing accounts to present spring/summer and autumn/winter ranges
- Build customer enthusiasm and brand loyalty in order to secure substantial sales orders
- Actively participate in trade exhibitions in order to identify new customers
- Regular visits to secure top-up orders
- Prospecting to open new accounts
- Advise on in-store layout and display
- Work from home and plan your time to maximise customer contact time
The person for this Sales Representative role:
We are looking for a highly skilled Sales Representative with experience of selling to the independent retail trade. In addition, we hope to find the additional qualities:
- Based centrally to cover the area. Ideally Home counties/London area.
- This is a demanding role and there will be weekly overnight stays.
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow area sales turnover.
- Experience dealing with independent retailers and closing sales with the decision maker.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets.
- Passionate about fashion clothing and highly motivated to work in this trade.
- An outdoor living enthusiast – hobbies might include skiing, surfing, biking, camping, rugby sailing etc.
The job holder will enjoy a negotiable basic salary plus an open-ended commission scheme that truly rewards sales performance, a fully expensed vehicle and all business expenses.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please contact us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.