Divine Chocolate is the UK’s leading Fairtrade chocolate company, co-owned by Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of cocoa farmers in Ghana. We are an award-winning social enterprise and certified B Corp that’s passionate about chocolate, empowering small-scale farmers and challenging conventional business.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our small, busy, committed and friendly team delivering real benefits to our farmer-owners and offering a real choice to chocolate lovers around the world.
The Operations Manager role is the lynchpin of the business, ensuring that Divine Chocolate reaches our customers in perfect condition, on time, and meeting our quality, food safety and Fairtrade requirements. This is a hands-on role, working with a small but experienced team.
• All aspects of stock, including forecasting production volumes, sourcing production facilities and negotiating prices with manufacturers.
• Warehousing and distribution.
• Quality Control and compliance with food safety/packaging requirements, including disclosures under UK and European legislation.
• Supplier audits including factory visits, maintaining a critical approach to food safety
• Account management of export customers.
• Manage ongoing relationship with the Fairtrade Foundation, ensuring products meet requirements.
• Review processes and practices, always looking to improve and streamline.
• Oversight of Divine’s Ethical and Environmental policy and ensure supplier adherence to the framework
• Oversee B Corp re-assessment process
• Line management and coaching of a small team
• A minimum of three years procurement experience
• Familiarity with current food legislation in the UK
• Organised with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Effective problem solver
• Technical experience with food and supply chain
• Knowledge of and interest in Fairtrade
• You will fully embody and role model Divine values: Respect, Ownership, Teamwork, Creativity
• You relish working in a small company, able to deliver both strategy and hands-on execution
• Enthusiastic about food, Fairtrade and the role Divine can play in empowering small scale farmers, positively influence “conventional business” and give consumers real choices.
• Personable, with excellent partnership skills
Please send us a covering letter, CV and 200 words about Fairtrade by clicking the apply button.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.