NPD Project Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager/NPD Manager to join my client a rapidly growing, innovative, creative and fun business to take ownership and be the integral cog who works collaborative with all relevant departments to take product from conception through to launch.
As well as new products you will be responsible for looking at cost saving and ways to improve processes within the company overall. My client is looking for an experienced project manager who can be self-managed, who can keep the project on track and deliver it within the set timelines but also contributes to the company culture.
You responsibilities will include the following:
- To develop and communicate overall project timelines including key milestones ensuring that both are met and drive the progress to launch.
- Ensure project scope, changes in complexity and risks are managed in a timely manner. As well as communicating all implications to the wider team as appropriate
- Analyse feasibility and cost of new product & product improvement propositions to lead the team and publish project status and appropriate metrics on a regular basis
- Work with team to identify and execute cost savings opportunities
- Partner with operational functions to identify strategic opportunities to improve service and reduce cost across business units and execute those strategic projects within the business
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Graduate calibre or equivalent working experience
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team with successful collaboration across multiple projects
- Proven experience in helping project teams move from ambiguity to clarity and leading in a highly dynamic business environment
- Proven experience managing NPD projects from conception through to launch ideally within a FMCG/packaging or manufacturing environment
- Strong IT skills: background and strong interest in process development, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- A strong team player who has great communication and influencing skills