National Account Manager
We are looking for a National Account Manager to join our team. This is an exciting time to join us and you will be working at our brand new site, based near to Chichester, West Sussex.
Are you an experienced NAM within the food industry looking for a new challenge?
If so we would like to hear from you!
This role has been created due to internal promotion within the team and is a key position within the business, working with a high profile top 4 major Retailer.
This Retailer is a newer relationship so we are looking for a strong NAM who can further embed this Retailer into the business and expand the categories we work within further. There is plenty of opportunity for growth with this client and this role offers an exciting opportunity to make your mark with the support and backing of the Retail Controller.
Role type: Permanent.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm - Monday - Friday
Travel to clients when required.
About the team:
The team are dynamic, friendly and passionate about what they do. You will also work cross-functionally with different areas of the business including NPD, Finance, Supply Chain and Operations.
This is a very prestigious role and you will be a lead ambassador for the business.
About the role:
- Ultimately responsible for commercialising the Category opportunities within the Customer account, to drive category growth and NWF market share.
- Responsible for growing existing Category(s).
- Responsible for driving in existing NWF category capability in to the customer account.
- Support in driving cross functional Growth team(s) to deliver the Customer strategy.
- Design and implement a Customer communications strategy for both internal and external stakeholder management.
- Identify and leverage end to end efficiencies for the Customer and liaise with operations and supply chain to deliver.
- Be the internal (NWF) voice of the customer
- Networking within the broader Customer base to unlock all business opportunities and/ or (in the case of a pure 'new business' role) responsible for building new customers avenues for growth.
- Responsible for ensuring commercial sustainability of all propositions made to the Customer (NPD, Category, Technical, for example).
- Responsible for managing communication flows to the customer and back from the customer in to NWF.
- Responsibility to influence the customer to land initiatives that fit within the plan.
- Responsibility for the management of demand & sales planning tools relating to the customer(s).
- Possesses ultimate responsibility for making the final decision on actions required in emerging issues around day to day supply and quality.
- Strong interpersonal / relationship building skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to analyse data and make sound recommendations.
- Solutions focused approach.
- Development potential into Controller role.
- Strategic thinker.
- Possess the gravitas/ intellectual capacity/ & resilience to face in to buyers/ senior buyers in the customer organisation & to embed the strategy for the Customer within the internal stakeholder population.
- Must possess the ability to lead across a complex matrix with the ability to influence & persuade others that are out of their direct sphere of authority.
- Account Management experience in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of P & L Management.
- Project Management Experience.
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad and fruit, food to go, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating at four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus company performance related bonus.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Free parking available across all sites.
- Relocation packages available.
About the office location:
All four sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy.
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our friendly internal recruitment team will be in touch!
We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.
Key skills: National Account Manager, NAM, Commercial Manager, Account Director, Account Executive, Sales Executive, Retail, Supermarkets, Retailers, Food Industry, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, #Chichester, #NWF