SALES DIRECTOR – Attractive salary & benefits package including annual bonus and LTIP
Our client is a high-end beverage brand and the first choice for the world’s connoisseurs, tastemakers and hospitality leaders. Available in over 70 countries, they are listed in many of the best hotels around the globe and served by some of the worlds greatest chefs – celebrating over 90 Michelin stars between them. In addition, they have a successful and growing e commerce channel and are also found in high-end retail.
The business is now at an exciting phase of growth. Having benefitted from significant investment, the Board have agreed an aggressive 5 year plan and are looking to appoint their first ever Sales Director with a proven track record to deliver a step change in performance within the luxury / premium sector.
This will be an exciting opportunity for a Sales Director looking to shake off the shackles and constraints of a big corporate, or an “up and coming” Head of Sales aiming to step up to the next level. The business is very much an SME looking to scale up, so will require someone who is excited, rather than daunted, by the prospect of developing and implementing their own structures and ways of working, in tandem with driving capability across the sales team.
THE ROLE (London based)
Sitting on the Board, you’ll be required to develop and agree with the Board a long term sales & trade marketing strategy to deliver the 5 year plan. You’ll have full P&L responsibility and lead key customer relationships and negotiations. You’ll be finely tuned to the needs and positioning of the brand, ensuring that the sales plan is in line with the brand value proposition and its luxury positioning. In addition to devising and delivering the strategic plan, you will need to lead, motivate and inspire the team to success. Ultimately, you define and manage KPI’s and other measures as well as coach and train the team to develop within their roles and drive capabilities and competencies across the organisation.
PROFILE OF SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL – Mandatory requirements
- Previous experience and track record of managing, developing and leading international sales and commercial teams in a high growth environment
- Highly commercial and financially rigorous
- Strong understanding of drivers of luxury at both consumer and customer level, with SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE of the high-end HORECA / hospitality channel
- Proven ability to deliver and maintain winning relationships with senior hospitality stakeholders and international distributors
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy
- A passion for food and drink and an affinity for premium / luxury brands
Interested candidates should email Daniel Kent, attaching an up to date CV quoting Ref DK/26062/bpe