Campaign Development Manager
*Job purpose and key deliverables For our Business Development (BD) team in Richmond, we are seeking a Campaign Development Manager. The BD team is a group of driven, enthusiastic people who are the link between the company’s brand and sales teams and are responsible for translating tobacco and next generation products’ brand strategies and vision into actionable plans for tangible business benefits. To summarise, their role is to excite ‘shoppers to buy and customers to sell our brands’ to help achieve our growth objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will be responsible for the ongoing development, planning, implementation and evaluation of brand & trade campaigns. Responsibilities will include Activity Toolkits development, Retail Engagement Schemes deployment, consumer activation and developing new awareness generating initiatives and programmes. You will also be responsible for helping drive the strategy and operational execution of the activation and digital tools central to BAT UK’s customer and consumer marketing, including the development and collation of content for these tools (including a mobile app) to drive active engagement.
· Drive the BAT UK B2B platforms including an active mobile app, and deliver content and media in line with brand strategy. Also recommend solutions to integrate marketing campaigns using B2B digital media
· Manage, develop and drive performance through direct team. Drive stakeholder engagement and implementation of accurate post implementation reviews to identify areas of improvement and gaps in brand activation capabilities Lead management of trade media, developing relationship with key trade publications to increase visibility of BAT UK brands to support the brands’ communication plan Develop new and innovative consumer and retailer awareness building strategies and tools for implementation across combustibles and next generation products Drive the creation of integrated campaigns to maximise retailer engagement in line with brand plans Closely work with Brands and Trade on development of creatives to support activation and display requirements and ensure consistency across all communications Presentation of plans and ongoing projects to key internal stakeholders on various occasions as and when needed · Support and maintain team administration such as budgets, POs, external stakeholder management, records management amongst others Input into the wider Business Development team with rollout of specific projects and strategy, and be an active member of the team and the wider UK marketing team *Essential requirements Qualifications, knowledge and experience required:
· 5+ year proven experience in Marketing with an understanding of digital media and the UK retailer environment
· Experience of developing and managing high performing teams.
· Ability to influence at a number of levels as well as across functions.
· Understanding brand strategies and interpreting these into activation and engagement plans that deliver for brands and retailers, as well as a keenness for data analysis
· Open to change with the ability to adapt quickly within a fast-moving environment
· Strong organisational, communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrates strong drive and initiative to ‘own’ role
· Ability to work under pressure and to short timelines
· Strong planning skills to deliver multiple activities and projects simultaneously Desirable requirements *Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.