National Account Manager (Health & Nutrition)
Title: National Account Manager (Health & Nutrition)
Region: Midlands HQ. A mixture of office and field based.
Sector: Health and Nutrition
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE + 20% bonus + other benefits
A £multi-million turnover sports nutrition brand. This company has a strong brand identity, reinforced by powerful marketing. They specialise in supplying the health and fitness industry with sporting and diet supplements. Growing at an unprecedented pace, this is a great time to join this entrepreneurial business.
We are looking for an experienced FMCG trained National Account Manager to join this business and help drive it forwards. Typical customers will include selling into mass market grocery and convenience. This would include Tesco, Holland & Barratt, Sainsbury and other major players. You would be expected to look after existing business 80% of the time, 20% of the time new business. The plan is to develop into pharmacies over the next 2 years.
- Working cross functionally to understand company strategy and supporting market and consumer data and then delivering sales actions and results within defined geography and channels.
- Selling products by implementing national sales plans and marketing activities to support joint investment and business plans. Acting as brand ambassador to the customer base both present and future.
- Determining annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analysing trends and results.
- Establishing sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for accounts and customers; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implementing national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishing and adjusting selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completing national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees or colleagues as made available; following up on work results.
- Contributing to national sales staff by supporting in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a well-known FMCG company with marketing, sales promotion and sales management experience. Broad experience of field and head office account management covering all sectors of the FMCG market.
- Experience selling into grocery and convenience.
- Interests in sports or general wellness activity.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent team player.
- Proven track record in profitable sales growth.
- Pragmatic and hands on in style.
- Ideally with some international exposure.
- Ambitious ‘go getter’.
- Applicants will need strong working knowledge of Power Point, Word & Excel.
Contact Aaron at the Cavendish Maine office for more details.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response, we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine
Apply for National Account Manager (Health & Nutrition)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly