Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager
Robinson Young is the UK’s largest supplier of non-food products specialising in supplying fast moving consumer goods to all multiple retailers, cash & carries and wholesalers. We represent major manufacturers and brands across 4 specialist divisions; Household, Foodservice/Catering, Stationery and Healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive sales professional to manage and develop a broad portfolio of pharmacy healthcare/health & beauty wholesalers, grocery wholesale/cash & carry, on-line e-retailers and retail accounts. As well as developing sales of existing brands, the successful candidate will already have some existing customer contacts and will possess that ‘something extra’ that will help us grow our business both in existing categories and beyond them.
This is a home based position with the ideal candidate ideally based along the M40 corridor due to the customer portfolio.
Requirements of the role:
- Have strong transferable commercial skills and acumen
- Have experience in researching, planning and preparing for high quality customer meetings in order to secure new business and deliver the primary objective of profitable growth
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills
- Understands data and how to analyse sales, where appropriate, to identify short/medium/long term plans, translating them into worthwhile business opportunities
- IT competent and confident, particularly in the use of Microsoft excel and Power Point applications
- Highly Numerate, able to negotiate margins, agree prices and prepare promotional support programmes for assigned accounts
- A Proven track record within the FMCG environment is desirable
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a proven track record in delivering growth and improving customer profitability, with the ability to adapt their approach to succeed in a competitive and demanding environment.
You will be able to build positive relationships with both existing and new customers which is key to delivering success in this role and you will have the ability to ‘add value’ quickly.
This would suit an experienced, confident individual who has a proven track record in a sales role who is looking for a position where they can ‘make a difference’ and to do more than just manage a portfolio of accounts. A successful Key Account Manager would be expected to evolve into a National Account Manager in the future
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, commission package, car and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Due to the high volume that these roles attract if you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion. We do however, thank you for your interest.