Senior National Account Manager
Our client is a leading, well-established FMCG brand in the food and beverage industry, and they are seeking an office based Senior National Account Manager to join their team in the Bristol area.
This brand is a growing and ethical business, focusing on bringing health and wellbeing benefits to millions of consumers around the world. The Senior National Account Manager will be responsible for managing key retail accounts such as Waitrose, Tesco, and other supermarket chains.
As a Senior National Account Manager, you’ll align your activity with sales and marketing to develop account strategies and plans to grow company sales, profit and market share through the key Tesco and Waitrose accounts, as well as online customers. You’ll develop partnership account plans that inspire and engage grocery customers to create positive step change, by increasing the product range, space, off shelf feature, consumer activation, sustainability agenda and goals across in all account formats.
Reporting Line: Head of UK Sales
- To deliver the company vision and mission.
- To grow sales, profit & market share through your grocery and online customers (Tesco and Waitrose)
- To develop cross functionally aligned, implementable account strategies and plans allied with the sales and marketing plans.
- To develop partnership account plans that will step change the range, space, off shelf feature and consumer activation in all account formats.
- To become a transition figure who will inspire customers and the whole team to change their behaviour to create positive change in the world and help deliver sustainability goals.
- To develop the attitude, skills and behaviours so you realise your full potential and develop into the Head of U.K Sales role within 2 years.
- Achieving and exceeding agreed targets for sales, profitability, volume and customer spend for your accounts on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Accurately forecasting and management of plan volumes & customer investment using spreadsheet and internal systems on the above timeframes. Understanding the drivers of change with weekly communication of these changes and making adjustments/trade-offs to ensure plan delivery.
- Day to day communication and interaction with Head of U.K sales and cross functional teams to optimise execution of the plans in a changing environment.
- Co-creating cross functionally, implementable partnership account strategies and plans that are delivered within timeframes, required resources and are aligned to the marketing and sales plan.
- Inspiring and engaging customers to create positive change by increasing range, space, off shelf feature, consumer activation and sustainability agenda & goals.
- Be ready within two years to be the next Head of U.K Sales.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level education required.
- Graduate scheme at big FMCG business preferable.
- Strong track record, which shows an ability to push your potential, in national account management within branded FMCG, including top 4 grocery and online experience.
- Able to demonstrate impressive business achievements, which have been delivered in a collaborative manner.
Based in their brand-new head office near Bristol, the permanent full-time Senior National Account Manager role comes with a competitive salary of between £50k to £70k, an OTE bonus of 10% (uncapped) plus company bonus. You’ll also have a benefits package designed to nurture your wellbeing and personal development.
This is a fantastic and rarely available opportunity to join a market-leading ethical business, and to have the career path to Head of UK Sales mapped out for you. If you are interested, please submit your profile now for this role!