National Account Manager | Branded FMCG
Our client is an award winning FMCG business who supply the UK’s Retail and Wholesale channels with their most loved branded food and non-food products.
The business has been growing significantly over recent years and with the recent move to a brand new site the future is looking bright.
They are looking to add some new talent to their Commercial Team
National Account Manager – Wholesale
The business works in partnership with some of the biggest names in Wholesale. They supply a large number of products that are distributed UK wide.
The NAM will report into a Head of Wholesale and will be tasked with building relationships with regional stores and depots.
- To deliver and exceed against sales and margin targets
- To build successful relationships with new and existing customers, growing market share through the relevant customer, category and shopper growth drivers
- To build, own and deliver the volume and value forecast for the assigned customer portfolio
- To continuously improve financial performance through customer behaviors, managing supplier investment and terms agreements (impacting, for example, cash flow, stock days, avg. case value, logistics efficiencies etc.)
- Delivery of supplier objectives in line with JBPs
- Customer understanding (e.g. KPIs, contacts, retail portfolio/ formats, shopper profile, corporate & category strategy, pricing & promo strategy, category size, competitive set, competitive USPs, supply chain structure etc.)
- Customer strategy
- Collaborative volume & value forecasting
- Joint ownership of account business modeling – Long term strategic modeling of supplier investment, building customer plans with analysis of ROI.
- Tracking of customer budgeted investment, effectively processing invoices and claims.
- Understanding of customer P&L
- Rebates / accruals set-up
- Influence Range, distribution and In Store execution
- EPOS data tracking and analysis
- Competitor intelligence
- Establish effective relationships with customer retailers, tailor their distribution and promotional plans and monitor return on investment with them.
- Produce effective reports to be distributed both internally / externally
- Ensure all activities relating to medicines and medical devices are in accordance with Good Distribution Practice of medicinal products.
- Branded FMCG Background.
- Knowledge of Wholesale - Booker, Landmark, Hyperama, East End Foods and more.
- Desire to operate in a sales and kpi driven environment.
- Ideally degree educated.
- Full clean DL.
Commutable from the Midlands and South East England – 3 days per week in the office.
What’s on Offer
- Up to £40k + car + bonus + benefits.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.