Senior National Account Manager
Senior National Account Manager –Costa Partnerships UK&I – Permanent – National Field Based
Creating “World Class Costa Experiences through Winning Partnerships”
Costa Partnerships is one of the fastest growing, most dynamic, and successful parts of the Costa Coffee organisation. We operate at a scale and breadth which is unparalleled anywhere else in the Coffee Shop market. We work with over 150 Partners across the UK and Ireland, from some of the biggest names in the FTSE 100, to individual high street franchisees.
Our commitment to innovation has seen us develop four winning propositions to cater for the different and varied needs of our Partners and customers, Costa Stores, Proud to Serve and Costa Express.
This role is to act as the key business interface between Costa and our Business Partnerships whilst owning the relationships with all key stakeholders within each account that you are aligned to, in doing so ensuring:
Growth of your Partnerships through the right proposition:
- Drive the growth agenda with each of your partners ensuring they have the right Costa proposition to meet our consumer needs
- Drive profitable growth in the existing estate of your accounts
- Identify new opportunities within the existing market for partners and win new Partners who can help Costa grow its business
Pride in Every Costa Experience:
- Win the hearts & minds of your partners
- Be an amazing ambassador of our brand and be the coffee expert
- Ensure your partners have the right training, support & tools to ensure brand excellence
- Ensure the protection & enhancement of our brand
- Monitor & celebrate success
Responsibilities will include
- Working with internal & external stakeholders to help create strategic plans that support the continued growth of the channel.
- Implementation of brand initiatives across all partners stores and Proud to Serve sites.
- Review KPI data to maximise performance, identify key trends and address any issues in a timely, and mutual manner.
- Ensure partners stores and Proud to Serve sites consistently deliver excellent customer experience using all available tools and tracking measures
- Work with Costa Property Teams, Sales Support Teams and Express Planning teams to ensure growth can be delivered and all Costa processes are followed with each partner
- Effectively communicate with your partners where required to ensure alignment to our overall business objectives and annual marketing calendar
- Working with key stakeholders within each partner business to create a mutually agreed agenda that focuses partners and Costa’s on maximising value and brand vision, whilst exceeding every financial target for Costa.
- Agree, write, facilitate and implement joint business plans with your partners to ensure mutual, profitable growth.
Who we are looking for
- Knowledge of the Coffee market and broader commercial / industry awareness.
- Operational detail and can apply/influence frontline actions to positively affect business performance.
- B2B sales experience preferably within an FMCG business.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen – experience utilising P&L’s.
- Ability to analyse extensive data (financial, statistical or clerical) and translate into action
- Ability to build relationships and influence across key stakeholders both internal and within our partners businesses at all levels.
- Results oriented.
- Customer focused.
- Able to develop strategic solutions to operational challenges.
- Ability to lead, coach positively and influence both peers and partners.
- Organisational ability to see strategic plans delivered and followed up to conclusion.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build positive arguments.
- Good IT/Power-point skills.
- Experience of working within a multi-customer sector business where complex and varied working practices and structures exist.
- Experience of working with a third party / external partner.
- Consistently delivered or exceeded commercial targets in their career
- Experienced in influencing management in a multi layered organisational structure
- Supervisory and Line management responsibility
So bring us your unique blend, together with ambition and experience and in return we’ll give you a competitive salary, a yearly bonus, plenty of benefits and more coffee than you could dream of to enjoy in a supportive environment.
We’re Costa, the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand*, pouring our heart and soul into everything we do and creating moments to remember for our customers, our communities and for each other. Together we turn sips into smiles, choices into opportunities and passions into careers. Help us spread a little happiness!
*Independent survey of 5000 people published in December 2016 by Allegra Strategies. For further details see www.costa.co.uk/terms