Job title: Assistant Buyer
Salary: £20,000 - £35,000
Sector: Outdoor leisure
- Office based role controlling the supply chain.
- Visiting Far-East suppliers 1-2 times a year.
- Broad role in supplier management, product selection and administration.
A privately owned, successful, agile outdoor leisure products supplier with a great reputation among its retail customer base.
Office based you will work within a small team in new role to coordinate and control the sourcing, purchasing and import of Far-East finished goods. This will include:
- End to end supplier management.
- Assisting in product selection.
- Control product costings and assist with supplier negotiations.
- Liaison with Far East factories.
- Factory Audits.
- Oversee quality control.
- Control of delivery schedules.
- Liaison with freight companies and inventory management.
The successful candidate could be a Buyer or Assistant Buyer or might work as an Administrator in an import / distribution business. The key qualities required are:
- Ideally with some experience of procurement from the Far East.
- Excellent communication, administration and people skills.
- Good planning and negotiation skills.
- Able to conduct details analysis and present recommendations.
- Keen to innovate, effect and respond to change.
- Attention to detail and an interest in product design.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Live within a commutable distance to Telford with a willingness to travel.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an experienced and high-quality team yet make a significant contribution to the company’s success.
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030