Our client is a market leading FMCG business with an instantly recognisable brand and a successful private label offering. Operating across four sites in the UK, the business has grown significantly in recent years to become the category leader in their field. As the category leader, innovation is key to the future growth of the business so this opportunity to join their NPD team as an NPD Manager is unmissable!!
Working cross functionally with sales and marketing the NPD Manager will manage innovation projects from concept to launch.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage projects of product development, following the established procedure within deadlines.
- Manage trials, shelf life, samples and industrial validations for EPD/NPD/Site Transfer projects.
- Liaise with all factory departments for the development of projects.
- Communicate project details to all factory and commercial department.
- Manage new product developments for the business as well as for own label products following briefs from the Marketing and Commercial departments.
- Report on project progress to NPD controller.
- Provide all relevant departments with information to create quality and technical documents regarding launch of products in the factory.
- Monitor products after launching following the 2 week post launch review procedure.
- Look for new ideas and communicate those ideas using procedures in place.
- Input into sell in presentations, increase level of product and leaf knowledge available to retail customers.
- Deputise in NPD Controller absence, ensuring projects progress and NPD contact upheld.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a Food Science/ Technology or a related discipline and will have around 5 years experience working within an NPD department. Candidates with experience of Chilled/Short shelf life products, Shelf life analysis, Product sampling, Factory Trials and Product Costings will have an advantage. You will need to demonstrate that you have taken a leading role in new product development projects, developing products from concept to launch