A global leading food manufacturer serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries is looking for a Sales Controller to join the UK Consumer team. The role will be responsible for effectively managing a critical element of the Consumer Division’s sales and achieving profit targets through the management of the NAMs. It is also an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an expansive leadership opportunity as the role sits on the UK Consumer Leadership Team.
- Delivering annual targets.
- Setting a clear three year strategy for the team which is then executed in a rigorous manner. This should then dovetail into the commercial strategy.
- Preparing detailed annual business plans with the team (including volume and value ) to achieve and exceed the company budget as well as accurate projections of operating costs.
- Ensuring that each individual account has detailed Joint Business Plans as well as close attention on a day to day basis.
- Developing and growing specific new business to obtain the maximum profit contribution against set budgets.
- Controlling all cost parameters, including overrider targets for specific accounts and A&P allocations.
- Head office agreements and activities coordination and implementation through Sales Operations and Field Merchandising management.
- Developing and maintaining close internal working relationships with Marketing, Merchandising, and other relevant departments.
- Day to day management of the sales function and all associated line management activities as appropriate to support a best in class sales team.
- Representation on the UK Consumer Leadership Team
- Team leadership, including coaching, training and motivating personnel and ensuring that all account management functions are efficiently and effectively planned and implemented.
- Ensuring all team members have meaningful training and development plans linked to their career aspirations and capabilities. Delivering this through regular 121s and ongoing coaching.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Significant experience in national account management (including top retailers) at a senior level.
- Very good understanding of the retail/grocery environment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and change management ability.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills.
- Great team leadership experience and evidence of delivery.
- Strong cross functional leadership skills
Apply for Sales Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly