If you are an outgoing graduate looking for a career within FMCG then this opportunity with a leading food manufacturer based in the West Yorkshire could be what you've been waiting for.
Working in a well established and successful team, you will put your category experience into play to generate research that can be turned into actionable recommendations to push the category further. The opportunity has great potential for quick progression into a fully fledged Category Manager so you'll need to be an ambitious individual with a desire to progress.
You will become proficient in using third party market data (IRI, Nielsen, Kantar) and be regularly analysing it to identify key trends and insights that will support category growth and feed into the channel strategy.
You will be given the opportunity to work on multiple retailer accounts . This will be customer facing role where you will be able to influence retailer decisions on ranging, new products, merchandising, distribution, promotions and space.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collating data from relevant sources about customer insight and feeding it to category team to ensure that the category initiatives are aligned
- Manipulating data to generate insights and action plans
- Feed insights and trends into the innovation pipeline
- Ad hoc Data Analysis utilising Nielsen/IRI/Dunnhumby and retail link for both sales and customer metrics
You will need to be an outgoing person with strong analytical skills:
- Experience within Category Executive/Assistant/Analyst role
- Highly motivated
- Experience within Retail / FMCG / Consumer Durable / Retail Agency sectors
- Marketing degree or equivalent
- Strong background in analysis and/or Category Management
- Strong analytical and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Can be customer facing