UK Sales Manager
6 days left
- Contract Type
Reporting to: Sales Director
Working Hours: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and Fridays 08:30 – 16:30
An opportunity has arisen within the business to recruit a UK Sales Manager. The UK Sales Manager’s key purpose is to manage a range of customers and have in the pipeline at various stages of development other projects and customers, who will collectively assist the delivery of the monthly and annual sales budget to the agreed margin levels.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To manage and grow the sales of our core ranges to a range of customers.
- Achieve agreed sales budgets.
- Organise and control customer sales information.
- Plan and maintain both external and internal customer relationships.
- To build strong relationships with customers and manage on-going communications.
- To have a continual pipeline of new and developing business
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Ensure company property in your possession is kept safe and in good condition and adhere to company policies.
- To cover other Sales Managers / Executives when required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Other Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- The UK Sales Manager is responsible for a range of important customers within the UK and abroad. The customer base will cover food manufacturing, food service and retail. Category Management allocation of customers will be given. This person will work in conjunction with the Sales Director and the other Sales staff to ensure that the entire customer group is managed in a consistent way and that priorities are set and worked to which are correct for the business.
- The role has to be based on a breadth of experience and the job holder needs to have significant experience in managing complex customers and relationships, have the ability to assess internal information such as product costing and broader financial information and ensure that the most profitable business is attracted to the business. Equally the job holder has to demand and set high standards from their colleagues and themselves. They have to demonstrate a basic sales determination and aggression to deliver the sales budget number.
- The job holder has to strike a sensible balance between sales management and business development. This is in the end a judgment based on the specific customers and will be made with the agreement of the Sales Director
- The job holder needs to report to their line manager and the wider business on their own customer performance and provide information as requested when annual budget or latest estimates are required.
- Day to day judgments will be required by the job holder so they need to be well rounded individuals and well versed in the basics and more advanced techniques of sales management
- Strong commercial judgment together with personal determination and strong communication skills are all important attributes of the job holder.
Job Specific Skills:
- Skills: Excellent commercial, negotiating and persuasion skills, fluency in English (and French ideally)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years within the Food-industry, B2B, covering wide areas.
- Attitude: Independent, take responsibility, loyal, and able to work under pressure. Collaboration with other departments in order to achieve own and company goals. Team Spirit, work as one sales team.
If you are interested in applying for this role, then please send a copy of your C.V. and a covering letter to Elizabeth.Higginbottom@chaucerfoods.com the closing date for this role is the 27 April 2018. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Apply for UK Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly