Campaign Development Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join British American Tobacco (BAT) UK in London.
We are looking for a Campaign Development Executive to join our Business Development (BD) team, a group of driven, enthusiastic people who are the link between the company’s brand and sales teams. The BD team are responsible for translating tobacco and next generation products’ brand strategies and vision into actionable plans for tangible business benefits. To summarise, their role is to excite ‘shoppers to buy and customers to sell our brands’ to help achieve our growth objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will be responsible for helping drive the strategy and operational execution of the activation and digital tools central to BAT UK’s customer and consumer marketing, including the development and collation of content for these tools (including a mobile app) to drive active engagement. You will also be supporting the team to develop new awareness generating initiatives and programmes through liaison with both the brand and trade teams to identify and drive content for the relevant audience. The role also involves working closely with the wider Business Development team to achieve activation objectives in line with Trade Marketing, Distribution and Activation principles, primarily through support and execution in trade facing arenas e.g. trade media, trade shows etc.
This role is a good mix of nailing the day-to-day tasks alongside ownership of key areas. This will be done through liaison with both the brand and trade teams to identify and drive content for the relevant audience.
- Drive the ongoing management of the BAT UK B2B platforms including an active mobile app, and proactively collate content and media in line with brand strategy. Also recommend solutions to integrate marketing campaigns using B2B digital media
- Lead management of trade media, developing relationship with key trade publications to increase visibility of BAT UK brands to support the brands’ communication plan
- Support and develop new and innovative consumer and retailer awareness building strategies and tools for implementation across combustibles and next generation products
- Support, co-ordinate and drive the creation of integrated campaigns to maximise retailer engagement in line with brand plans
- Support in piloting and developing new digital solutions and touchpoints for our brand portfolio
- Closely work with Brands and Trade on development of creatives to support activation and display requirements and ensure consistency across all communications
- Presentation of plans and ongoing projects to key internal stakeholders on various occasions as and when needed
- Support and maintain team administration such as budgets, POs, external stakeholder management, records management amongst others
- input into and assist the wider Business Development team with rollout of specific projects and strategy, and be an active member of the team and the wider UK marketing team
Qualifications, knowledge and experience required:
- 2-3 years of experience in Marketing with an understanding of digital media and the UK retailer environment
- Understanding brand strategies and interpreting these into activation and engagement plans that deliver for brands and retailers, as well as a keenness for data analysis
- Open to change with the ability to adapt quickly within a fast-moving environment
- Strong organisational, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates strong drive and initiative to ‘own’ their role
- Ability to work under pressure and to short timelines
- Strong planning skills to deliver multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- *Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.