Business Unit Director Top 4 Grocery
Our sales team are the best in the UK and we consistently win the AGS #1 for this reason. We create deep partnerships with our customers to drive mutual growth. We are a meritocracy; we invest in our people and their growth. We are truly fast paced - you will own and deliver with great autonomy. This is one of the largest portfolios in the business with one of most strategically important relationships, really responsible for developing and driving our future growth agenda. Ready for the challenge?
We're pretty sure you've come across PepsiCo before. We're a leading global food and beverage company with brands that are loved by consumers throughout the world.
We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio including 22 brands that each generate
more than $1 billion in annual retail sales - Pepsi, Gatorade, Tropicana, Walkers/Lays, Quaker,
Doritos, to name a few!
With revenues of over $66 billion, and a market capitalization of $141 billion, PepsiCo is not just
one of the largest consumer companies, but also consistently a top growth performer with a
clear focus on being the fastest growing scale food and beverage company whilst delivering
performance in the right way - with purpose and clear focus on the environment, its consumers
and its people.
Reports to: Senior Sales Director, Head of Grocery
Direct reports: 3 directs
Plus leadership of Cross-Functional Team (team of 24): Category Insights, Shopper Marketing, Customer Profitability, Demand Planning
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountability for the development and execution of the customer annual sales revenue plan in Top 4 customer
- Defines the strategy for the Top 4 customer and provides leadership for the Top 4 customer account
- Accountable for the mix of PepsiCo products sold through the customer specifically developing strategies and tactics to drive high revenue/ impulse packs and products as part of this mix
- Accountable for developing and strengthening key customer relationships at Trading Director level. Key custodian to further develop PepsiCo's Partnership with Top 4 customer
- Responsible for setting and consistently communicating a clear vision and objectives to a diverse sales team, to motivate and inspire their performance
- As a key member of the Grocery Sales Leadership team help set the on-going SBP strategy within Grocery
- Leadership & development of the wider Sales team
- Accountability for the development and execution of the customer annual sales revenue plan
- Accountability for effective management of Sales Promotions, Terms management and the achievement of promotional efficiency targets for the channel
- Lead through the PepsiCo matrix to ensure the JBPs and PepsiCo internal metrics are delivered and that there is internal alignment with our channels and categories
- Accountability for delivery of in-store execution standards of distribution, display and promotion as defined in the UK annual marketing calendar and operating plan across the channel
- You will have a Proven track record with consistent progression
- Experience across multiple channels but specifically leading one of the Top 2 accounts in your current organisation
- Experience wiring into senior contacts in roles
- Demonstrating business leadership - channel strategy (e-Commerce / Discounters / AFH) in addition to leading a Top Account
- Excellent matrix management and operating with large teams
- Multi-function experience / E.g. MS&P preferable
- Preferably top tier CPG experience