Customer Business Manager/National Account Manager
Customer Business Manager/National Account Manager (NAM)
Location: Kings Hill, Kent – Just 15 minutes from the M25
Closing Date: 28th March 2018
An exciting Customer Business Manager/National Account Manager (NAM) opportunity has arisen for you to work for a global company with household brand names such as Andrex, Kleenex, Huggies, Pull Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend. In business for almost 50 years K-C holds the No. 1 or No. 2 brand share in 80 countries.
As one of Bloomberg’s best UK Employers 2016 and a global organisation we are able to offer exceptional career development opportunities all around the world. As a result of our continued success we are now seeking a Customer Business Manager/National Account Manager (NAM) to work within our UK based Consumer Team.
A Little Bit About Us …
Kimberly-Clark (K-C) is a global leader in the FMCG space. We manufacture and market leading brands. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust Kimberly-Clark's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. To maintain this trust and pioneer new products, we seek people who share our passion for excellence, teamwork and original thinking.
Our work environment fosters personal, professional and corporate growth whilst reflecting a sense of community that nurtures innovation. We recognise that employees are our most valued resource and as such they are at the centre of everything we do. Their talent, diversity and commitment are crucial to our innovation and success. Billions worldwide choose our products to make a positive difference in their lives. That's a big responsibility and one we all take seriously.
What Will You Be Doing?
This is a diverse role with multiple touch points across the K-C business & customer base and forms a vital part of the consumer business in supporting the overall Kimberly-Clark P&L. You will also have full P&L responsibility for your portfolio including achievement of volume, net cost pricing and category growth objectives.
Through collaborative partnerships with customers, this role will enable branded business growth.
As a Customer Business Manager/National Account Manager, you will have responsibility for the negotiation of Own Label contracts, as well as creation and implementation of joint business plans across our UK Own Label customers. You will also take a lead role in project management of initiatives such as product development and introduction of innovation to our existing customers’ portfolio.
You will have full P&L responsibility for our joint business plan with this leading retailer and full P&L responsibility for volume, NSV, Gross Profit and Trade investment as well as market share and Sales growth.
* Establish and maintain sound business relationships within multiple levels and functions of the customer organisation
* Ensure that all customer requirements across Commercial, Technical and Supply Chain are promptly and accurately handled
* Negotiate and agree trading terms within corporate and customer guidelines to build a Business Plan and achieve performance objectives
* Present Business Plan and supporting strategy (including promotions, cost pricing, product development, quality management) to customers
* Responsible for ensuring accurate forecasting / financial planning to optimise spare capacity opportunities to drive UK Consumer profit
* Project Lead our customers’ product development initiatives and technical requirements to grow sales and deliver customer objectives
* Execution of the UK Retailer Brand Strategy which is fully aligned with Sector and UK Consumer objectives
What Do We Need From You?
* Relevant experience of sales/account management gained within FMCG is essential, broader experience in Marketing or Category Management advantageous
* Knowledge of multiple grocery environment essential with experience of negotiating at retailer head office level beneficial
* Experience of sales forecasting and profit modelling essential
* Project Management leadership experience essential
* Knowledge of category, shopper and consumer data sources desirable
* Demonstration of strong commercial awareness and judgement
* Customer Focused: Able to build effective customer relationships and respond to customer needs quickly. Develops strategic partnerships and sets and monitors internal and external service standards
* Collaborative: Able to work well as part of a team, and liaise successfully with colleagues at all levels across the business.
* Proactive: A positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual able to work on their own initiative.
* Communicator: Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and with the customer
* Professional: Able to represent Kimberly-Clark to the high standard customers have come to expect, operates with integrity and is commercially aware
* Analytical: Demonstrates a problem solving approach but broad thinking and detail oriented
* Organised: Effectively priorities actions and manages deadlines
Come Join Us!
At Kimberly-Clark UK, we know how hard our employees work and the contributions they make to our business. As such we offer attractive packages that not only include some fantastic benefits such as performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme with life assurance, private healthcare, 25 days' annual holiday but also a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to tailor your choices to suit your needs (share scheme, dental insurance, gym membership, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, dining cards and health screening are just some to mention).
If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Our modern Kings Hill office is just 15 minutes from the M25 with free onsite parking and plenty of local amenities including orchards for running and cycling, onsite showers, a variety of social and sporting clubs and an onsite subsidised restaurant which is exclusive to KC staff.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
* Please note this role will remain advertised until an offer has been made
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
United Kingdom- Kings Hill