Area Sales Manager
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: South West England
Salary: £27,000 to £30,000 Plus Open Ended Commission + Car, Phone Etc
Sector: Premium Pet Food Brand
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: NH/20100
- Super-premium pet food brand with an outstanding reputation
- Customer base of quality independent pet shops and country stores
- Established area
An international premium quality pet food manufacturer that uses top quality, fresh ingredients to produce a range of dog and cat foods that have received extensive positive endorsements from retailers and breeders. The brand is well known in the UK and sales are growing at 40% per annum. We are looking for a high calibre sales person who can help achieve continued growth plan in the South West of England.
The Role Covering South West England:
As an Area Sales Manager (Sales Representative) you will inherit an area covering the South West of England and South Wales.
You will have an established business base and be targeted to achieve sales growth in these accounts while prospecting for new, suitable retail customers. The skills you will need to bring to the role are:
- Build trusting relationships with pet shop owners using a consultative sales approach and the provision of first class customer service
- Present the benefits of stocking the brand to retailers and positive impact this will have on their customers
- Educate retailers in the quality of the range and help them switch the buying habits of suitable customers
- Create eye catching product displays using point-of-sale and promotional material
- Use case studies and ‘centres of excellence’ to support your sales proposals
- Agree a sales plan with the Sales Director and report against this on a weekly basis as well as providing market feedback that will drive new product development and best practice throughout the business
The Person for This Pet Trade Sales Role – South West:
We are looking for an experienced field sales Representative with experience of selling to the independent pet trade. In addition we hope to find the additional qualities:
Based centrally to cover the area – Bristol, Taunton, Bath, Swindon would be ideal
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow area sales turnover
- Experience dealing with pet shops and closing sales with the decision maker
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets
- Possess the potential and desire to progress to a more senior role
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and rewarding commission scheme plus car, laptop, printer and a smart phone.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.