Assistant Branch Manager
Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Location Surrey / Berkshire
Salary Package up to: £40,000 Basic Salary, Bonus, car and benefits
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: RC/4003
A respected market leader within the Floorcoverings Sector, who have experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years are looking to expand their sales force with the key recruitment of a Assistant Branch Manager. The organisation has been expanding and are constantly looking for new business opportunities and it is an exciting time to join and develop your career within this leading company who want their employees to grow and develop along with the company.
To develop and implement a business strategy for the branch which is commensurate with the company strategy and which provides for sustained growth and long term profitability.
- Work with the branch management team and the wider senior management team to develop a cohesive business strategy for the site, establishing annual budgets and objectives which are ambitious, realistic, focused and credible and which reflect the market potential of the branch area.
- Work closely with all members of the branch team in order to establish and maintain the highest levels of customer service.
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation of all team members.
- Recruit, develop, retain, appropriately reward and recognise the achievements of talented managers, supervisors and staff who strongly associate with the culture of the Company and who are able to drive the business forward within their area of responsibility.
- Set direction for sales activities within the geographical remit, recognising and accessing new markets or new product areas and maintaining long term profitability by tracking, anticipating and remaining ahead of competitors.
- Personally managing relationships with key customers and suppliers, “negotiating” and “partnering” to add value and win major projects and contracts.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and suppliers and manage stock, pricing policy and margin to generate maximum profitability for the branch.
- Manage and work closely with the external sales staff, ensuring that they are targeted and directed towards new business support and have the appropriate training and knowledge in order to carry out their roles in maximising sales potential, minimise service issues and resolve problems.
- Significant managerial experience gained within an operations / sales function.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to articulate corporate vision and translate that into effective strategic and operational plans.
- Highly competent in involving others, leading and motivating.
- Strong commercial skills supported by a pragmatic approach and not afraid to get into the detail when required.
- Able to operate and influence successfully at all levels of the organisation and to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Good background knowledge of the key principles and techniques involved in selling, purchasing, logistics, stock management and general management.
- Good business acumen including the ability to identify key issues and risks before they arise.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please contact us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.