FMCG Customer Activation Manager - On Trade
Fantastic Customer Activation Manager opportunity to manage On Trade in the Out of Home team (an area of significant growth and focus) at a top, forward-thinking FMCG business with attractive, category leading brands that put a high value on consumer (and employee) health and wellbeing.
You will have ownership of creating an insight-based, customer specific On Trade activation plan to deliver against Brand and Commercial objectives. Expectation is that you will deliver market leading creative solutions, exploring progressive methods of customer marketing, with the aspiration to put the brands front of mind at point of purchase.
This role is pivotal to the success of the brands and plays a key role in building strong customer relationships. Managing the day to day relationship with key customers, external agencies and internal relationships with both the Sales Business Units and the Brand Teams.
You are accountable for the planning and subsequent flawless execution of the Commercial Calendar in your core customers. This will consist of both brand lead and customer lead activation. A key component of the role will also be the evaluation of each key activity against brand and commercial metrics.
- Creation of an insight based customer activation plan for the On Trade sub channel to deliver against commercial objectives
- Create compelling sell in and engagement with key customers to understand their requirements and deliver value driving customer marketing activity in these customers, based on brand asset toolkits provided by brand teams
- Accountable for securing the activation plans for all brands based on the Commercial Calendar
- Accountable for deploying the budget per brand, managing and tracking this against plan
- Accountable for the evaluation and ROI of all key campaigns deployed within customers
- Accountable for the effective management of our promotional materials and POS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree Educated or equivalent
- Experience in shopper or brand marketing
- Excellent understanding of UK FMCG market and channels
- Customer Facing experience (ideally On Trade)
- Experience of managing agencies on campaigns / creative development
- Understanding of key commercial levers and P&L management, especially the impact of activation spend on channel
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to deal with high levels of complexity and be extremely organised
- Ability to engage customers and internal stakeholders through strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of data sources, from which to analyse data and extract relevant insight
This is a great chance to join one of the most exciting FMCG businesses out there - has the security of big global ownership, market leading and has scale, but locally led and able to be agile and fast-paced. It's a brilliant people-focused, open work environment and they've made great efforts to build the business and culture around excellent people with a self starting, entrepreneurial mind set and lots of positive energy and can-do attitude. They like people able to challenge thinking and bring new ideas and solutions. In general they also have a good flexible approach to working and a buzzy, friendly office full of the best of FMCG. If you're looking for a challenge to make your mark then please do get in touch.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we're not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.