Area Sales Manager
Job title: Area Sales Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 plus 20% bonus, company car and extensive benefits
Sector: Garden power
Job type: Permanent
STIHL is a global leader in outdoor power tools serving the forestry, construction, agricultural and gardening markets via a network of national dealers. The GB sales and marketing subsidiary, based in Camberley, Surrey, is a significant operation within the worldwide family of highly successful STIHL companies.
STIHL is committed to working in partnership with our servicing dealer network and with our new garden centre channel for battery powered products. We are pleased to announce the creation of a new ASM role to enhance the sales of STIHL brands in this important region.
The Area Sales Manager will cover the North and West of Scotland with responsibility for:
- Driving new sales growth in a well-established area
- Developing strong, long-term, profitable business partnerships with dealers and garden centres
- Planning and executing customer specific sales strategies
- Negotiation of trading terms and promotions that achieve margin targets
- Working within a team to communicate, share resources and secure support to ensure the customer experience is always exceptional
A negotiable basic salary plus company car, 22 days holiday + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare, private dental care, contributory pension, subsidised gym membership, childcare vouchers, product discounts.
Stihl is a business that is committed to the development of all employees and successful individuals will enjoy considerable opportunities for future advancement within and outside of the UK business.
The Area Sales Manager profile:
We are looking for an experienced and high calibre Sales Representative with the communication skills and commercial ability to represent this world leading brand. Specific qualities will include:
- Ideally living Central or Northern Scotland with the ability to travel
- A proven ability to sell to decision makers
- Substantial experience of call planning, preparation, structure and achievement
- Skilled at fact finding, questioning and verbal clarity
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Empathy and the ability to build strong working relationships
Your experience will be as a home based Sales Representative with a successful track record of sales achievement and a logical, progressive career to date - ideally in a consumer goods, DIY, garden products or similar environment.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30 March
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030