Regional Manager - Scotland
Since the launch of Estrella Damm in the UK in 2007, Barcelona-based brewers Damm have identified the UK as its most important growth export market. Following the partnership formed with the UK´s largest independent brewery Charles Wells Ltd, in October 2009, Estrella in its various formats can now be found in approximately 5,000 on-premise outlets. Since the first pint was poured in April 2010, the success of the brand, with its continental style, quality and brewing heritage that is associated with the “Beer of Barcelona” has enabled it to compete in the world lager market as one of the most exciting and fastest growing beer brands to be launched in the UK in recent years.
Working directly for the brand-owners Damm, the essence of the job is to act as an ambassador for Estrella as well as expanding the growth of the brand in the right outlets. Working as part of a Field Sales team, the job involves a close working relationship with the Charles Wells sales team, focusing on building the brand with key customers, identifying quality distribution, driving throughputs and growing visibility.
- Selling and negotiating new distribution in the on-premise with predominantly independent free-trade and leased/tenanted channels.
- Building long-term trading relationships with the key volume and image accounts
- Working closely with third party suppliers and wholesalers
- Executing activity to support UK-wide leased and managed customers
- Delivering brand education & training to supplier, retailer and consumer
- Qualitative selection and development of Estrella Damm draught customers
- Identifying effective and beneficial sponsorship and promotional opportunities
- Feedback of customer opportunities and competitor threats
- New distribution and volume for Estrella Damm, DAURA and INEDIT (please go to www.estrelladamm.com for more information)
- Weekly reporting of results, key successes and competitor activity
- Attendance to regular team meetings to present to the Field Sales Manager
- Responsibility for building, development and maintenance of account database, target customers and results.
- Responsibility for providing regular reports/information on the account base as required keeping all relevant contacts informed in line with business needs.
- Act as a source of information to the business on issues and opportunities in the market and the account base
- Regular responding to internal and customer emails daily (unless agreed otherwise)
- Previous sales experience
- Good level of selling skills
- Drinks industry experience
- Knowledge of Sales Training Techniques, e.g. Steps of the Call, negotiation skills and commercial selling
- PC Literate
- Brewing industry experience
Skills / Competencies
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Analysis and Planning
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Analytical Ability
- Breadth & Vision
- Graduate Calibre
- Previous structured sales experience
- Previous experience developing new business through cold calling, prospecting or by increasing sales within existing accounts
- Prepared to travel and work evenings and weekends