SNAM - ASDA
Our client are one of the largest producers of seafood and added value products in Europe. They are on a journey to become A Centre of Excellence and to do this we need fantastic people in our Commercial Team to help grow and develop the business. They supply into the major retailers and are totally committed to providing them with innovative products that taste fabulous and will set customers apart from their competitors. We adopt a “customer intimate” approach to category management and are totally immersed in our customers’ business, fully understanding how we can grow and develop profitable categories for them.
If you have real commercial flair, embrace responsibility, enjoy working in a dynamic, energetic environment then this could be the perfect role for you. This is a hugely high profile role in our business and you should be able to demonstrate a track record where you have shown outstanding leadership and direction to a team of direct reports.
- Annual Joint Business Planning and execution, with implementation of 3-5 year supply partnerships where possible.
- To be responsible for budget planning & profit target achievement, by effective price setting and profit margin control.
- Develop and implement a plan for product and category enhancement in close collaboration with your Category Marketing and NPD colleagues.
- Close cross functional working across our Total Supply Chain and with customer supply chains,
- High levels of interaction with sourcing and technical departments to secure suitable raw material and product for ongoing lines and NPD. Liaising internally on the development of our existing sources in line with retailer sourcing policies.
- To analyse, report, and implement action plans against weekly and monthly sales performance and forecast accuracy, feeding into periodic board reports.
- To ensure excellent cross functional communication internally and with the customer.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally educated to degree level or above.
- Knowledge and understanding of Private Label commercial management and its challenges.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans to grow and develop our business with our customers.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a major National Account, preferably within a chilled Private Label category.
- Able to demonstrate an ability for self-management, but also able to work very closely with a hands-on line manager as part of a broader team approach.
- A proven track record in growing a category management led business.
- Ability to lead and develop a team who will give fantastic commercial insight.
- Well-developed IT experience, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Full UK driving licence.
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Resilience and leadership.
- Ability to build strong lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Used to working as part of a cross functional team to get the job done.
- Willing to travel within the UK (to customers and between sites) and abroad if required.
- Results orientated – enthusiastic, energetic and committed.
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial.
- Strong problem solving skills.
As you would expect for a role at this level in our business we want to attract high calibre applicants therefore we offer a fantastic benefits package which includes generous basic salary, fully expensed car (or car allowance), fuel card, bonus, life assurance and private health care.